RMR Mersyside

TheYeti

Reaction score
Hi people.

I've decided to get off my arse and join the RMR before I get too fat, old and bitter and at 28 I'm heading that way fast... :flushed:

I've always fancied a crack at selection - my younger bro signed up with the regulars a couple of years back (he wrapped with 2 weeks to go.....) and it was his noddy adventures that sparked my interest in the corps.

Livdet is the closest unit to me, I’ve tried calling 'em several times but no one seems to be at home...I'll keep at 'em next week..

I gather from delving this forum that selection is in September?? And Livdet holding troop is probably on the go at the moment?? I'm guessing I’m not too late to get in for September selection??

I'll probably find this all out when I call but I’m an inpatient sod so humor me, please...

Any Lived bods on here care to shed some light on life at the unit...

Cheers

TheYeti :noob:

Dodger

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Fella, we are in holding troop at the moment and... you will definetly be on for september, we have been told some lads wont attend holding troop at all and be on our selection, some may attend one or two.

The unit is on easter leave, which is why you won't be able to get an answer.

Our nights are split up into half lecture, half phys. The phys is intense but good stuff. All the lads there are top notch, a few lads are your age, a few younger, youngest being 17. All I can say is get down there fella, it's awesome.

TheYeti

Reaction score
Cheers Dodger.

The unit is on easter leave, which is why you won't be able to get an answer

That answers that then...

I think a couple of old school mates are green lids with Livdet - I'll have to hunt them down and meither them too.

I shall await their retern.

TheYeti

Reaction score
Well.

I have made contact and will be coming for a nose around the unit next month. And hopefully into holding troop pretty soon after.

Can't wait!

Dodger

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
When do you come to the unit? is it first tuesday of the month?

Dodger

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
great stuff, holding troop so far has been class, all the lads are loving it.