Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

RMR Pay, Bounty & Commitments

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by Ninja_Stoker, May 15, 2010.

1. Stephen24

Stephen24 New Member

Thanks,

Is this averaged out over a year then or do you have to work a certain amount of Continuous and Non Continuous days per month?

2. CDOGG

CDOGG Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    what would a Sergeant be getting paid if he did say 10 years in the Regulars then decided to transfer to reserves. Would being an ex regular give you a special postion within the reserves and the highest band of daily pay?

3. Dobbs

Dobbs New Member

I'm at uni in Birmingham but live in Leeds, so over summer i would be back in Leeds. Would this be an issue with joining the RMR as i presume they don't suspend training over the summer months?

4. blacky

blacky Royal Marines Commando

Hi,

Is the information above up to date?

5. blacky

blacky Royal Marines Commando

6. posh_punter

posh_punter Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Hi guys,

Could someone tell me at what point you start getting paid for attending training evenings at your unit? Is this as soon as you've passed your PRMC or do you get paid before this?

In the RNR potential recruits are paid for attending training evenings from day 1, even before their application process has finished - you're classed as a 'Probationary Recruit'. Is this also the case for the RMR?

7. sequoiathrone

sequoiathrone New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Current RMR here. You get paid in holding troop.

8. posh_punter

posh_punter Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Ah good to hear. Thanks.

9. Ropeythat

Ropeythat New Member

I'm ex reg army, do i get the rejoiner bounty if i join rmr or is that just for army to army or rm to rmr?

Cheers

10. Illustrious

Illustrious Royal Marines Commando - Moderator

@Ninja_Stoker is there any scope to update your original post to the current pay/conditions, taking into account seamless transfer for those above the 10 year point etc

11. PotentialBootneck

PotentialBootneck New Member

Does anyone have any up to date information on the commitments required by RMR? I’ve read a few threads but I’m not sure if they have been changed/updated...wanting to know how often you need to be away etc.
    Thanks.

12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

One fairly big change is the fact that the RMR will be mobilising 40 trained ranks per year for up to 12 months duration working in the GD role within the Lead Commando unit. Depending on numbers, as a rough estimate, this could mean as much as one 12-month active service stint for every seven or eight years RMR service.

Just so that you are aware, this does not automatically mean you would be deployed overseas for the the duration but it could involve an operational deployment for up to six months. You'd still take paid leave (35 days) and have weekends and evenings off, when not duty and in UK, same as the regular service. Bear in mind also, there are a fair number of people in the regular service who also run private businesses or who have part time jobs.

Further details on this aspect when known.

13. PotentialBootneck

What days and weekends does training involve? Is it 6 weekends through the 6 month phase 1a and every Wednesday or Thursday night (whichever one it is) for drill? How much time can I expect to be away whilst in RMR RT? Cheers.

14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

In RMR recruit training training, if you budget for one drill/training night a week, one weekend one month, alternating two the next, and two, two week stints at CTC, you won't be far wrong.

Have a read through this, it gives an excellent insight: https://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/rmr-training-overview-from-start-to-finish.114211/

15. PotentialBootneck

Good read! So we’ll be able to pick and choose weekends? So long as weekly drill nights are attended...

16. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

It depends how flexible your particular unit is. If recruits miss two consecutive scheduled training weekends and are unable to otherwise complete criteria elements of training, it's back to square one.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  17. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Not. Recruit training is pretty set in its ways.
    Miss certain weekends, and you will be back trooper. Depending on your reasons for missing the training, and depending on what training you have missed, depends on back trooping. (Held back to continue with a later troop).

As far as I am aware miss 2 weekends and your back trooped.

The commitment is very high for recruits. There’s more flexibility for missing a drill night, but it depends on what’s training/phys is required to catch up/prepare for the weekends.

18. PotentialBootneck

In terms of this, we would be alright to do one weekend every 2 months rotating with 2 every other month?

19. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

I doubt.

You need to attend a careers presentation at your local RMR unit to clarify the degree of flexibility they are able and prepared to offer.

Your local AFCO will be able to advise of the next available opportunity.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  20. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Not really. The weekends are set, you are looking at every fortnightly weekend. It’s not a case of them fitting you, you have to fit them.

Without giving away too much PERSEC, what’s your industry/shift pattern, is that what will restrict you?

Lads further north in the oil industry can’t join at all due to the their shift pattern, while you can choose what’s RMR days fit your work as a trained rank, as a recruit it’s pretty much fixed.