Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

RMR Pay, Bounty & Commitments

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by Ninja_Stoker, May 15, 2010.

1. Squatmonkey

Squatmonkey Royal Marines Commando

When I went through we were given the dates of the exercises at the start of each phase 1A / 1B to give us a chance planning our lives around them. It was not set in stone however and be prepared for changes at short notice, also missing more than one weekend each phase will result in being back trooped. Person dependant I believe missing one weekend could also be a risk as well if one has not passed a training objective and the missed exercise is the last chance to pass it before going to ctc for the criteria test

Like Ninja and TPA say budget for a weekend potentially once a fortnight and you will be fine as it is mostly to this schedule or every 2 weeks, however occasionally it will vary a lot. Eg I had no exercise for about 6 weeks (spanning summer leave) and then 3 weekends in a row taken up by training

2. PotentialBootneck

PotentialBootneck New Member

Warehousing, rotating shift patterns, it’ll only clash with drill night once a fortnight but I’m pretty sure I’ll be given the time off for it

3. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    The whole block leave thing is a bit of an annoyance really. I don’t understand how they can justify taking that time off and expecting lads to make it up afterwards.

4. PotentialBootneck

PotentialBootneck New Member

@Ninja_Stoker when do you need to apply for to be in septembers intake? What’s the final deadline for applications?

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Depends on the AFCO/RMR Unit - I'd certainly allow 3 months from application to PRMRC.