RMR PJFT

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by Catto, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Catto

Catto Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    I have finally passed my medical and passed my interview yesterday for the RMR. My Recruiter thinks i have to do the pjft on a treadmill still before i can progress.

My understanding is i would do the pjft as part of holding troop i have been given the paperwork to book my pjft anyway.

My question is if i go ahead and pass a treadmill pjft would it still count when i go into holding troop or would i be tested again?

I dont mind the treadmill personally i begun training on it in preparation for the pjft before i found out it was scrapped for reserves.

2. ry07

ry07 Member

• Like Like x 2
  3. Eafy

Eafy New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    The PJFT is scrapped for Reserves...? The Royal Navy website says that reserves must complete the BFT - are they the same thing??

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

RMR applicants no longer undertake the PJFT as part of their selection. They do the three mile run as a road-run whilst in holding troop. Some AFCOs may not be aware of this because some process few Reservists due to their location in relation to the RMR unit.

The Recruiting Instruction (RI 01/16A) detailing the removal of the RMR was released amidst a flurry of new directives on 15th Jan 2016.

RMR applicants should be attested at their unit after being passed fit on the medical examination.

• Like Like x 1
  5. sequoiathrone

sequoiathrone New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC

No PJFT... However my holding troop nights included a full RMFA, an 8mi endurance course, rope climbs... all sorts. Dont think because youre not doing a PJFT its the easy route! Still start cracking the running asap.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Eafy

Eafy New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I'm looking to join the RMR late next year and am already working on the requirements for PRMC, so the BFT should be a doddle when I get round to it, right?

7. Catto

Catto Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Thanks for the replies its as i thought then the pjft is now done as a run whilst in holding troop. So i should focus on road running not treadmill.

@Eafy i believe but cant confirm as part of the PRMC you must pass a 3 mile run to begin with anyway so yea if you are getting PRMC ready BFT is the easy part

Just a heads up for you i applied 5 months ago and I'm now ready to move onto the unit but i think i was lucky in terms of the medical some lads end up waiting ages just to pass that stage so unless you are sure the medical is nothing to worry about for yourself i personally would apply sooner rather than later :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Eafy

Eafy New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    @Catto Thanks for the heads up mate. Medical should be fine - only a broken knuckle and cracked ribs in the past (playing rugby with the big boys!). My training routine is generally, 1.5 mile run followed by 4 sets of pullups, press-ups and situps, then a 1.5 mile run after - which is currently killing me...but luckily got a long time until signing up, so should smash it no problem.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Catto

Catto Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Good to hear mate I'm doing similar except i do the run together and the sets later. Good luck with the app mate sounds like you will be ready

• Like Like x 1
  10. Eafy

Eafy New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Sound mate. Best of luck to you too.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SDG1986

SDG1986 Member

To confirm, I was originally told a PJFT would be required, but then told it was scrapped. Be mindful that the Holding Troop PTI's will want to ensure you can smash the 3 miler, prior to PRMC(R).

Cheers

Steve

• Like Like x 1
  12. SDG1986

SDG1986 Member

I would also advise early application; I hit a snag at medical stage, which has taken an age to sort out!

• Like Like x 1
  13. ry07

ry07 Member

Are you still TMU then mate, or have you got it sorted out now?

14. SDG1986

SDG1986 Member

It's on the way to being sorted mate. The issue I previously messaged you about is squared away; Capita have admitted fault. However, the paperwork won't be sorted until mid Jan.
    Then just need to get my colour vision deficiency graded to either CP3/4, then good to go.
    ....easier said than done no doubt!

15. ry07

ry07 Member

Ah great news mate! Nice early Christmas present for you. Hopefully the paperwork will come through in a timely manner. Next step detachment then? Attest and holding troop! Have you been given the dates for holding troop now? @Ninja_Stoker manged to get a copy of last year's plan.

16. SDG1986

SDG1986 Member

Yes mate, next step is Holding Troop.
    I've got a schedule of all the Holding Troop nights and weekends away, prior to PRMC(R).
    PM me your mobile number and I'll ping it over mate.