RMR preparing for interview

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by Jones86, Aug 10, 2018 at 11:24 AM.

1. Jones86

Jones86 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Hi guys,

Not long signed up to this site and I think it's awesome so far. Some great info and advice on here.

I have my interview coming up shortly for the reserves and have been preparing for it.
    I'm wondering if anyone can give a detailed up to date process of the application for the reserves and also what each phase of training involves including the 2 week courses at Lympstone?

The only reason I ask is because there are some contradicting information on websites and leaflets etc.

My understanding is as follows but please tell me if I'm wrong.

- make application
    - IMRP evening
    - psychometric test
    - eye test
    - Interview
    - Medical
    - Basic fitness test ( 3 miles under 22.30) OR PJFT?? Treadmill run??
    - 2 day PRMC consisting of beep test, press ups, sit ups, pull ups and bottom field assault course? Is this held at your local unit? Are there any other tests required here? Or another interview?
    - After successful completion of all these I'm thinking you'd be eligible for training to commence on the next intake??

TRAINING
    Phase 1 A
    - approx 6/7 months duration
    - one evening per week
    - not sure on how many weekends??
    - at the end of this phase apparently there is a 2 week course in Lympstone? If so what does this entail?

Phase 1 B
    - approx 7/8 months duration
    - one evening per week
    - not sure on how many weekends?
    - at the end of this there is a 2 week RFCC (reserve forces commando course)
    The RFCC includes the BPT (battle physical training pass out - rope climb, firemans carry and assault course), an endurance course, a nine-mile speed march, a Tarzan assault course, and a 30-mile march. Is this correct??
    Successful completion of this would get you the green beret I believe.

I believe there is a phase 2 training? If so, what does this entail and whats the duration?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

2. Geespt

Geespt Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Not Sure on the training side of things as i’ve done my research primarily for full time, but i’m sure you’ll be doing the BFT on a treadmill in a designated testing centre, so you’ll do 1.5 miles (2.4km) in under 12 mins 30 have a minute rest and then another 1.5 miles in under 10 mins 30.

Good luck with your applicatio!

3. Jones86

Jones86 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Thanks for the reply mate. Cheers

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

For RMR applicants there isn't a PJFT but there is a BFT in the form of a 3 mile outdoor squadded run, with the last 1.5 miles as a best effort run (sub ten mins 30 secs) prior to PRMRC.

Most units, Birmingham northward undertake a PRMRC locally. The South Western units use Lympstone.

5. Jones86

Jones86 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Thanks for clarifying this mate. Appreciate your reply. Cheers