Rmr Prmc

Tullett

Reaction score
Hi all

Wondering if anyone can clear this up for me.
Are all Rmr prmc’s completes at your local detachment or lympstone

Thanks

Teasly

Reaction score
Down in Lympstone for RMR London pal, which I saw you said you're going to be joining. Final chance is in July so I'd get the ball rolling quickly if you haven't already done so. I missed last years by a couple of weeks which has led to a whole years wait....

Tullett

Reaction score
Just waiting to hear back from the recruiting team Ive been told it could take 3 weeks as there is a bit of a back log.
Have you been in holding troop for a year?
What the order of events after my application has been accepted
Thanks

Teasly

Reaction score
Yeh I started holding troop back in October when it first started.

So first will be your psychometric test which you should be able to book pretty quickly. Then an interview with your careers officer, followed by the dreaded medical. First will be a phone call one where they ask you if you have ever had any injury/disease that's ever existed, then the face to face one if you pass. This is the point which slows most applications up, I recommend taking all your medical history with you otherwise you'll get TMU'd until they receive the information. So for example if you've ever had an inhaler, get a note from your doctor showing when you were last issues one and show that you no longer need it etc. This tripped me up.

Once you pass the medical, that's when you can join holding troop. We meet first Saturday of every month at Wandsworth and usually go through the RMFA. Thankfully reserves don't need to do the PJFT on the dreaded treadmill but instead have to get under 10:30 on the return on a BFT. Once you do, they'll load you onto the next PRMC.

Eafy

Reaction score
My application had the medical and the interview swapped around, so the process may be different for other detachments within RMR London.

I have to admit, the medical didn’t seem too over the top for me - but that may be due to a fairly injury-free past (only a couple of fractures, which the doctor didn’t seem fussed about at all).

Just to give you a perspective of timings, I applied in November last year and have just passed my medical, with the interview to be booked within the next couple of weeks.

Tullett

Reaction score
Thanks for the info gents

Looks like I’ve only got around 4 months to get on the July prmc then doesn’t seem likely from them time scales. Fingers crossed for a speedy application.

Teasly

Reaction score
4 months is definitely doable mate, don’t give up hope, you just need to keep pestering at each stage to get each element sorted as quickly as possible. Get your phys up too so once you’re in holding troop, you know 100% you’ll be put onto a PRMC.

Tullett

Reaction score
4 months is definitely doable mate, don’t give up hope, you just need to keep pestering at each stage to get each element sorted as quickly as possible. Get your phys up too so once you’re in holding troop, you know 100% you’ll be put onto a PRMC.

Hope so mate, I’m hitting training hard as if I will be at the prmc in July

posh_punter

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Never too early to start practicing the gym tests. Download the recordings off youtube and start doing your phys to the beep.

thegingerone

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
If you want it enough you'll get it. Keep pushing and working on your phys. I've been down at holding troop for 5 weeks and can't get enough of it!

posh_punter

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
You think its good now, just you wait till you get the mega gucci Gibraltar Troop tshirts in size XXL. Highlight of my RMR career so far lads.

Tullett

Reaction score
Gents I’m still waiting on a phone call today would be 3 weeks since application went in. Should I chase it up again or be patient? Don’t want to be a pest.

posh_punter

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Chase it up. As a reservist, you're unlikely to be their top priority. If you're polite at all times, you're not going to annoy anyone. It shows you're keen too.