Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

RMR PRMC

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by Griff149, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Griff149

Griff149 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Evening all,

Wasn’t sure whether to post this here or in PRMC section.

I was wondering if anybody knew the dates for RMR PRMC down at CTC for 2020? If my memory serves me correctly, it isn’t until July and the next recruit intake for reserves for RMR London is August. This would obviously not leave much time (if any) should anything go wrong on PRMC and you needed to come back another time.

Just trying to get all my eggs in order and decide the best approach to take.

Thanks!

2. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

Only Bristol have PRMC at CTCRM. Other units carry out their PRMC at a local venue. Unless London and Bristol have merged. Probably best to ask the unit.

3. Griff149

Griff149 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Thanks for your response. I thought I had seen something recently on here suggesting that all RMR PRMC’s are now held at Lympstone. Will see if I can double check with my unit as you suggested.

4. StrSam

StrSam Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    There was a guy on my prmc a few weeks ago from london, who was joining the RMR. Perhaps they have indeed merged them?

• Like Like x 1
  5. RM_Yorkshire

RM_Yorkshire Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Pretty sure all PRMC's are at CTC now for RMR. I'm with Merseyside and my PRMC is in March next year, with possible RT in April.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 2
  6. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

Be good if they are all at CTCRM. Hell of a road trip for some units, but think lads missed out on part of the experience of gaining the beret

7. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

8. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

The old way was local units conduct PRMC. The new process is all held at CTCRM.

What RMR need to get a grip of is not wasting time, money and effort. And dealing with driving hours, even to the effect of offering full time D3 Marines and Matelots with cash/time off incentives to drive for RMR details, freeing up the staff and RMR ranks to actually get some quality training, rather than being a badly paid taxi service.
    Which also ties in with the EU working time directive and the fact that Civilian employment require a set number of hours rest before commencing their work, on the grounds of HSE. Any safety failure that was big enough would probably have RMR chain of command in the dock.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Griff149

Griff149 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Thanks - do you know the exact date in March? I think I’m going to try and get put on to this one if I can!

10. RM_Yorkshire

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT

As its at CTC they are run weekly. Mines 3 March 2020 but there are plenty before and after.

11. Griff149

Griff149 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Ok thanks. Is it a specific RMR PRMC you are on or just a regular PRMC do you know?

12. RM_Yorkshire

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Its a regular one mate. Pretty sure they stopped the whole PRMC(R) unless it's like the last one in the year before RT and there's loads of lads needing to get on one. I know of only two blokes going on a specific RMR PRMC and that was just before Septembers RT. But RT has (for us anyway), been brought to April. So plenty of time to get in.

• Like Like x 1
  13. CarrotOrStick

CarrotOrStick Royal Marines Commando

It is the aspiration that all PRMC(R) are to be run at CTCRM. It is not, however, mandatory.

There are still going to be PRMC(R) happening on weekends. It has always been the case that RMR candidates could go down on regular PRMCs in extremis, it is now occurring more frequently.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Canty95

Canty95 Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Not sure if this helps at all but we had 2 lads doing reserves on my regular Prmc (19/11/2019)

15. splinter

splinter New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I did prmcr last year for London and they only did one and it was a week before RT, so it was all or nothing. If you had the fastest 1.5mile in holding troop there were opportunities to go on other detachments ones if there was space.

16. locky1999

locky1999 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I’m currently getting ready for PRMC for the reserves, from what I have heard from my det there will be a couple run prior to the August when rt starts, which was run by rmr London last year. Rmr London run there PRMC down at CTCRM. They are sending us down on regular PRMC aswell so your not just limited to the prmc(r).

17. Devon_Bey90

Devon_Bey90 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    I'm joining RMR Bristol and have my PRMC with regulars on the 4th Feb for RT commencing April.

18. Abk96

Abk96 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    hi,

Does anybody know when the PRMC is for Scotland this year?

From I read on this site it's in October, but has it changed since then?

Thanks.

19. R4Robotics

R4Robotics Spectator

You’re probably best contacting RMR via the Facebook page, as you will get an accurate and timely reply... I might be proven wrong on here, but that would be my recommendation

• Like Like x 1
  20. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

As far as I am aware it’s changed, it’s not longer held in Scotland. You will be loaded onto a PRMC at CTCRM. This will mean travelling down during the week.