RMR Scotland (Govan, Glasgow)

Ghod70

Reaction score
Alright folks I'm trying to join the regs as an officer (aiming for Sept '09 intake) and also trying to join RMR as a recruit to get a head start. Phoned up a 6 weeks or so ago and explained my situation and gave my details etc and the Cpt. told me that it was fine to join up... Well I didn't hear anything back for about a month so phoned up again and was told that I will have to wait 'til November for a selection weekend and that they will get in touch with me when it comes up... So anyway I was wondering if this was the deal with anybody who's joined up to this (or any) RMR unit? Do they just phone you up after a while and ask you to come down for selection without any inductions/training beforehand or am I getting the piss took out of me?

Cheers

Nick-S

Reaction score
Hi mate, I've just started holding troop at Govan. I spoke to someone down there a couple of times but all the formailities went through AFCO, application form etc. Once that was done I got a call tellling me when to come down for holding troop. I doubt they are taking the piss but unless you have gone through AFCO I'd guess you aren't on any list for them to get in touch with about holding troop. Dont know how it would work for you if you want to go in the regs though.

rob-marine

Reaction score
Ghod70,

I'm in exactly the same boat mate. Had my initial interview about 2 weeks ago only to find out the next intake isn't until Sept 09. Tried calling RMR Glasgow twice now and keep getting an answering machine. Did it take long for them to get back to you?

Ghod70

Reaction score
Ghod70,

I'm in exactly the same boat mate. Had my initial interview about 2 weeks ago only to find out the next intake isn't until Sept 09. Tried calling RMR Glasgow twice now and keep getting an answering machine. Did it take long for them to get back to you?
No mate both times I've phoned I've got an answer. Try phoning during working hours maybe? Got my interview omorrow morning so going to ask about it then. Let me know what they say via PM or something I'll tell you what I find out too