Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

RMYO Batch 2018 or 2019?

Discussion in 'POC Section' started by Zandvoort10, May 19, 2018.

1. Zandvoort10

Zandvoort10 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hello all,

Just passed my PJFT and I was hoping I could get some advice on the forum.

Seeing as I've just passed my PJFT and the last POC is in a couple of weeks, i'm unlikely to make that. What does this mean for my application? Assuming I interview in the next month or so and pass, does that mean I will be allowed to proceed to the first POC for the 2019 entry?

To be clear what i'm asking is, as i've missed this intake I won't have to resit my apt. test, medical and PJFT for the 2019 intake?

Also, when do POCs start up again? Was October for this last intake so assuming the same again?

Thanks in advance for your replies,

Z

2. dodgyknees

dodgyknees Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    As I understand it, AIB is the crucial date with a pass being valid for one year. With that in mind, maybe relax over the Summer and get through POC and AIB in the Autumn. You may also need to re-do your medical as this is also valid for a year, but as you have already passed once this should be be a formality.

Suggest you get in contact with your AFCO and come up with a rough plan for the next year. Good luck with your application.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Zandvoort10

Zandvoort10 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    The medical was the biggest obstacle for me and I don't have faith in those who the Navy have decided to sell this service to to handle it competently and treat it as a formality. Hopefully I don't have to do that nonsense again.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Zandvoort10

Zandvoort10 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Just bumping this thread to see if I can get any response. Should have titled my post better -banghead-

5. Imperator13

Imperator13 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Ask @Ninja_Stoker for a tittle change mate I don’t have the answers for this!

6. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Thread title changed. Hope that it's more appropriate to your question.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

All selection elements must be valid upon the day of entry.

The Recruit Test remains valid 3 years, Medical (and eyetest) 12 months....from the initial Face to Face appointment. Rest assured, the medical bit should not cover issues already investigated other than to confirm no further issues.

The PJFT must be taken & passed within 6 months of taking (& passing) a POC.

Oct/Nov is usually the first POC available for the following year's entry.

• Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  8. Zandvoort10

Zandvoort10 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Alright thanks Ninja.

So based on the fact my medical was completed in May would mean i'd have to do another one before the 2019 entry.

And regarding PJFT which I passed the other day, that should line me up to complete a POC in November. If for whatever reason I failed that POC (which I don't think I will as I wouldn't attend if I didn't feel I was ready), would I have to run another PJFT before taking my second attempt in 6 weeks or however long it is?

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

If 12 months elapse between attending the first face to face medical and your entry date, it needs to be repeated. It doesn't matter when you were passed fit, the clock starts at the first face to face medical examination.

If you have not taken and passed a PJFT within 6 months of taking or retaking a POC, it needs to be repeated. It doesn't matter when you first attempted the PJFT, the gap between a PJFT pass and a POC must be less than six months.

10. Zandvoort10

Zandvoort10 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Alright chap. Taa.