Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

RNR to RMR

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by Rapagna, Nov 18, 2009.

1. Rapagna

Rapagna Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Hello,

I'm currently serving with the Royal Naval Reserves, and have found out that there is a RMR unit near to where i live ( I'm a dumbass and thought the closest unit was bristol ( Its actually Plymouth )

I have my Raleigh training (New entry training ) in February and would like to complete that before going to RMR so a few questions

Physical Requirements for RMR
    When would be the optimum time to start the application process
    Would the application process take more time because of me being in RNR or would it be shorter?

Thank you

Clarky

2. Hoofin

Hoofin Commando Officer

The physical requirements are the same as for the RM and you can find that on this website. It may be slightly quicker but still a prolonged process.

3. westy

westy Well-Known Member

i think you have to through afco be re interviewed etc. I'm sure ninja will confirm

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

As stated above the medical requirements are broadly similar to the RNR, the fitness aspects are starkly different to the RNR but identical to the regular RM.

The optimum time to state you wish to join the RMR is at the beginning of the selection process. The sooner you decide to state your preferred branch/trade, the less money is wasted undergoing training irrelevant to the eventual chosen trade.

The Recruiting Test, medical (if over 18) & security clearance remain valid, the selection interview needs to be re-taken as does the PJFT, PRMRC (Selection Weekend) & Recruit Training beyond.

5. Rapagna

Rapagna Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    'The optimum time to state you wish to join the RMR is at the beginning of the selection process. The sooner you decide to state your preferred branch/trade, the less money is wasted undergoing training irrelevant to the eventual chosen trade.'

By that do you mean 'Leave RNR now and start RMR and dont bother doing raleigh first?'

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Correct, there's no point taking an RNR training place if you know beforehand you wish to join the RMR.

Places are usually in short supply so the place is best given to someone wishing to join the RNR.