Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Road or trail trainers?

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by steman, Feb 27, 2011.

1. steman

steman Member

Ok due to one of the threads below i've noticed alot of people do trail running and therefore am wondering whether when the PRMC eventually comes round which type of trainers would be best? Trail or road or does it even matter? You decide! Cheers.

2. steman

steman Member

I going to bump this because i think its quite important let me give an example..
    Say i went on my PRMC during april showers and the endurance course was very muddy and on hill sprints my road trainers just didnt hold up and I lost my grip then i'd be wishing i'd bought trail shoes, has anyone done PRMC in Trail trainers? c'mon I'm after advice here! haha.

3. Strick

Strick Active Member

You only wear trainers on Day 1. Day 2 (bottom field/assault course/endurance course) is done in boots.

4. steman

steman Member

yet training in boots is still not advised? :\

5. Pico

Pico Member

You only use you trainers in PRMC to run on a road. Your not supposed to train in boots until after PRMC, but some people tend to do a little bit but its not advised, especially on the road.

6. DCM_88

DCM_88 New Member

Yet they tell officers to practice with boots before POC, When i get closer to applying i'm definitely getting boots to practice in, it makes much such a difference to you running, plus during training they do plenty of road runs in boots!:bud:

So long as you dont go mental with them thinking you can run a marathon in them otherwise you do risk stress fractures

7. Camz

Camz Member

The reason why they tell you not to train in boots is that if you try to do as much distance as you do in trainers the chances are you will get injured. If you get injured pre - RT the marines do nothing for you. If you get injured when you start to learn in boots in RT you will get world class medical treatment and still get paid.

8. Pico

Pico Member

Also in RT i guess you will be 'Gently" introduced to boots, whereas as a YO you will jump straight into mega phys in boots.

(I'm guessing, dont know if its fact!)