Roll On......Winter

Cool Hand Luke

Reaction score
Is it just me fellas, or does anyone else find running in this heat an absolute hangout *text deleted*! I know I shouldn't be complaining, because it is damn nice weather,- but I've just done a 6 miler and added about two minutes on my PB.

The funny thing is though all morning I've been doing an assignment for uni on 'heat acclimatisation' so I don't know if I was just being paranoid or whether it really was that much harder.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
dunu personally i prefer running in the heat and sun. i sweat bukets which isn't to great. but as long as i make sure im fully hydrated when i go out then its fine.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Running in the heat is far easier for me than it is in the cold, most likely due to the fact that i always ran in the heat.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I love running in the afternoon sun, breeze coming off the sea (sometimes, with a bit of luck), sun beating down, topless.. Looking like something off Baywatch I swear! But it's all good, I kinda prefer running when it's raining and cold because I stay hydrated but I also love the heat =P

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I like the sun more ive got to say, when its cold the fields are wet and i just run over them swearing every time I slip.

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
the heat has helped knock off about 15 seconds of me time so i aint complainin but the sweatin really does me head in

Jask1982

Reaction score
nothing better then running on a nice warm sunny day with your top off felxing those muscles!

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
jask the only thing better than that is runnin with *text deleted* top off felexin *text deleted* muscles when there r fit birds about

Point

RM Officer Recruit
Reaction score
the heat has helped knock off about 15 seconds of me time so i aint complainin but the sweatin really does me head in

haha you think its bad now, just wait till your wearing boots, rugby top and CS95 Jacket!

ChrisL

Reaction score
Well Cool Hand it will work *text deleted* conditioning running in different conditions! i wont moan *text deleted* when *text deleted* benifiting from it *text deleted*

Jask1982

Reaction score
jask the only thing better than that is runnin with *text deleted* top off felexin *text deleted* muscles when there r fit birds about

ah yes i forgot to put that, don't forget the short skirts will be out too!

Midnight_assassin

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yesterday was a fab day me and two mates doing a 7 mile run along the seafront, we were topless the amount of fittys in bikinis whilstling at us! it was amazing so many of them like hundreds, cars beeping! needless to say we slowed down to get more attention *text deleted*, so I'd say heat has a negitive effect on me *text deleted* I get distracted *text deleted*.... but I look like a lobster now, I'm burnt all over, just got to wait for it to turn into a tan!

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I love running in the afternoon sun, breeze coming off the sea (sometimes, with a bit of luck), sun beating down, topless.. Looking like something off Baywatch I swear! But it's all good, I kinda prefer running when it's raining and cold because I stay hydrated but I also love the heat =P

*text deleted*

It's got its ups and downs like mentioned, I like it cause you can run without your top on and stay warm but at the same time I sometimes find the heat to be quite annoying/distracting especially when your running towards the sun.

Can't beat running in the rain though. :D

But yeah the weather is great right now, this is summer as far as im concerned if it's anything to go by last year, it will be moody & pissing down by June, ahh Scottish weather..

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
in the words of the Jackson5...

"Don't blame it on the sunshine, don't blame it on the moonlight, don't blame it on the good times,....Blame it on the Boogie!"

"i just can't, i just can't, i just can't control my feet!"...now im *text deleted* carried away *text deleted*

anyway, lyric throwin' and groove bustin' aside...i prefer running in the sun...its harder, but it makes me feel better after if im sweatin like a b*tch

get a nice tan aswell : )

Iago

Reaction score
It's all about the extremes boys.... pouring with rain or blazing heat!

woke up this morning, 9am, had about 3 sips of water and foolishly went out to do 6 miles without taking a water bottle. It was HELL. Finished in 42 minutes, and it took me twice that long to stop sweating when I got in. Needless to say the headache started in the afternoon.... worth it though!

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
My arse sweats more than anything.. I get back in, put my top on (to keep my body regulated) and then I wipe the sweat off my forehead then peel my boxershorts off while doing streches.

Brucey1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
When you got a chest wig like ive got, then you know about sweat!! Keeps me warm in winter though!