Rolling around in cash?

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've been thinking...

You must end up having quite alot of money when you come out of the marines... if you dont spend it all on *text deleted**text deleted*...

i mean, what do you ACTUALLY need to buy? you have a roof over your head... sometimes.. and you get fed... is there anything you really need? obviously when you're on leave you'll spend money but not a great deal..

..there's no great need to spend any money is there? so say you serve for 10 years... and you're on 16k... and dont ever spend any money...

thats a nice little package to come out to...

amirite?

JimB

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I was origioanlly *text deleted* post just "Yes" but supposedly thats too short. Friggin forum nazis.

It's just forced saving i suppose.

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I've been thinking...

You must end up having quite alot of money when you come out of the marines... if you dont spend it all on *text deleted**text deleted*...

i mean, what do you ACTUALLY need to buy? you have a roof over your head... sometimes.. and you get fed... is there anything you really need? obviously when you're on leave you'll spend money but not a great deal..

..there's no great need to spend any money is there? so say you serve for 10 years... and you're on 16k... and dont ever spend any money...

amirite?

I think it all gets spent out on the town! Two lads from my old school serve with 42 commando, and when they are back in cov, they blitz all their money on the lash! And buy mad stuff like motorbikes!

As a lot of things are provided, i think the Marines can take "disposable income" very literally!

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
As a lot of things are provided, i think the Marines can take "disposable income" very literally!

Haha i think thats funny.

I think if you want to save you nee to have a plan, i.e. get your bank to put x amount into a savings acount each months and not touch it.

My mate who is in FPG never has any money!

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i think if i make it IN to the marines and then make it OUT of the marines, i will blow all the money then use the skills i have learnt to live a quiet life in a forest in the middle of nowhere eating squirrels.

Until one day a helicopter lands next to my hut and tells me that they need me back for a mission in burma and i end up saving the lives of the local villagers and some christian aid workers using only a bow and arrow.

PoyserRM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i was talkin to an ex marine and he was actually in debt by quite abit *text deleted* he use to get sent all over the world n he just blew it all

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
pal it's no that much money when u think aboot it for sum peope like me i need to feed 5 kids plus i smoke 40 fags a day an mah car insurance is through the roof *text deleted* i've wrote off aboot 6 cars an sumtimes i need to buy sum scag to smuggle into my mom in jail but i suppose bein in marines is better than workin in a factory so that why im doin it

Ninja, can you fetch your 7 year old to translate?

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I've been thinking...

amirite?

I'd say you are spot on if you are sensible with cash. There are next to no payments that you HAVE to make whilst you serve, and not much spare time to spend the amounting dollar!

i think if i make it IN to the marines and then make it OUT of the marines, i will blow all the money then use the skills i have learnt to live a quiet life in a forest in the middle of nowhere eating squirrels.

Until one day a helicopter lands next to my hut and tells me that they need me back for a mission in burma and i end up saving the lives of the local villagers and some christian aid workers using only a bow and arrow.

You've stolen my idea you namshub, I hope for your sake that your hut is nowhere near mine, otherwise Im *text deleted* wee in your garden

pal it's no that much money when u think aboot it for sum peope like me i need to feed 5 kids plus i smoke 40 fags a day an mah car insurance is through the roof *text deleted* i've wrote off aboot 6 cars an sumtimes i need to buy sum scag to smuggle into my mom in jail but i suppose bein in marines is better than workin in a factory so that why im doin it

I cast the first vote to have this person banned

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
hilarious.

i'm literally rolling on the floor crying over how witty and original that was.

Good for you mate, now you've nearly got the spelling cracked down, lets have a go at some punctuation for extra brownie points.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score

I been living in Glasgow too long, seems i have become able to understand Ned fluently. You have got to be taking the piss with all your posts....You cant be someone seriously considering the Royal Marine Commando's are you?

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
to admin: please tell us what other accounts he had before you delete this thread :D

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Looks like we might have a new member of the underwater knife fighting unit if we teach hm to dive

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
keepin' it gangsta

big up yo self

brappp brappp

big dave c out

it's been mah dream ever since i found out aboot them last week. i want be in the SAS eventuly or mayb Navy SEALS

Your *text deleted* get far in the marines (NOT). If you hate middle class people your *text deleted**text deleted*ed, you get people from all over the place in the marines. TOP TIP: Sort your *text deleted**text deleted*ing attitude out and then start thinking about joining. I could see you making trouble if you get in training, and thats the last thing you will do. a lad a bisley, got kicked out with a bad back, as a corpral beat him up. He beat him up as, the lad had a fight, so the corpral beat him up for causeing it. People may not belief this but its true.

Jaycee

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Why rise to the bait lads??

Jim87spencer, I think you will find that single RM for the most part ALWAYS find plenty to spend their money on *text deleted*, there is booze, eating out, shopping for Gucci kit, holidays etc, the list is endless. Plenty of spare time to spend it too, even on deployment there is the internet and Ebay - I know a few parents inundated with Ebay parcels bought by deployed sons.

jim87spencer

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
So are you not allowed any personal items on site then? would i be allowed to bring my guitar? and if so how long would it last before someone smashed it against the wall...

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Firstly that Big Dave has got to be a wind up and if not Greywing has aready deleted a post of his so he will be taken care of shortly.

Secondly i think for the most part the money gets spent :-o Got to have a saving plan ready with a strong will not to spend it. But the rewards for saving it well would be excellent.

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
With saving, i dont think it will happen. You would like to, but its hard when you go clubbing with your mates etc, you will not think of saving at the time *text deleted* trust. Maybe some of you may save £20.