Rop 28th sept

Sub34

Reaction score
I’ve got my rop on this date. Was suppose to be on 27th July but I injured my heals.

What is everyone’s training like?

cheers

ouY vs You

Reaction score
I'm on this date as well. Managed to get in contact with another lad nearby who's doing same date also.
Training is going well mate. Just waiting to start now and making sure stay on top of any injuries.
How's your training going?

Sub34

Reaction score
Yeah going well, my week consists of
Mon 5k run
Tue 6k hilly run
Wed 7.5k run
Thur hill sprints
Fri walk
Sat rest
Sun bike ride

after all of these I will do a circuit of body weight exercises/ a cross fit session

ouY vs You

Reaction score
Nice! Looks good. You been swimming at all?
My week involves:
Monday: am. 13km Steady run/Weights
pm. Boxing
Tuesday: tempo run(15k). 45mins swimming
Wednesday: Weights pm boxing
Thursday: Interval run(20-21k) pm. 45min Swim
Friday: weights. Pm Boxing
Saturday: Rest
Sunday: Hill sprints (17-18km). 45min swim

Sub34

Reaction score
Good week that. I was doing a mix of 14-20 km runs to help stamina but my CA said you will be doing 400m- 900m sprints and shuttle runs so that’s why I’ve dropped the distance.

and I’ve not been swimming a lot but I feel fine in the pool.

ouY vs You

Reaction score
Yep. Even though I do a lot in sessions, they're split up such as 3mile warm up and cool down with sprints/hill sprints/tempo and sprints as main part of session.
We won't be doing that much swimming from what ive read

Grampa

Reaction score
Evening all,
I'm also due for ROP on the 28th September.

There's some good distances being run there, well done.

I've been running between 12 and 20 miles per week. I'm trying to incorporate a bit more sprint work in prep for the sprints around CTC.

Any of you had joining instructions yet or guidance on kit we should be taking with us?

I seen some older kit lists and documentation I found on a search a few weeks ago but nothing more recent.

I've had an update a few days ago regarding covid.

Chelonian

Reaction score
Any of you had joining instructions yet or guidance on kit we should be taking with us?

Hopefully others with recent experience will comment but it's worth considering that those who pass the ROP assessment on a Friday seamlessly begin RT on the Monday.
Even the 'old' RT kit list will have relevance.

For a definitive answer contact your Careers Adviser and request a kit list so that you can prepare in good time. Probability is that it is a part of final briefing package.

ouY vs You

Reaction score
I and everybody I know have had everything sent them although some are still waiting on train tickets.
If you'd like, you could pm me and I will send everything across on email(kit list etc). But it's probably best if you contact your CA and get them to send it incase I miss anything.

Grampa

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys.

I'll give my CA a call on Monday morning and see what I can find out.

Thanks for the offer 'You', I'll keep everyone updated on how it goes. Perhaps PM you with a list of what I get sent, we can compare to make sure we all have the same documentation.

Halcyon

Reaction score
I am as well. It's becoming more and more real. Just spent way too much of my day going to primark to buy a suit, realising everything was the wrong size because fitting rooms are closed, and trudging back to refund and replace the whole thing -banghead-

I'm actually starting to get excited.

ouY vs You

Reaction score
Good stuff lads. We've got a group chat running on Facebook for lads doing same date. Pm me and I'll add you to it.

Grampa

Reaction score
Awesome chaps, looking forward to meeting you all.

You'll all know me as soon as you hear me, according to everyone I meet I have a very strong welsh accent....even get told that by welsh people.

My face to face medical in Southport got many chuckles as soon as I spoke .

Harry McRunFast

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
You'll all know me as soon as you hear me, according to everyone I meet I have a very strong welsh accent....even get told that by welsh people.
Ha! I’m sure it’ll be the source of a few laughs!

Looking forward to meeting you mate!

Johnny_Anonie

Reaction score
Not long to go now guys! Time to start getting your heads down and mentally switching on. Get in the zone.
Never lose sight of why you applied in the first place and give it your all. Keep your phys ticking over between now and CTC. Arrive injury free and full of energy! Remember a Commando isn’t made over night! It’s supposed to be hard. Take motivation from the serving Royals on here. I’m sure none of them here will have any issues answering any last minute questions.

Don’t forget to tell your partners & parents about this place. They will be made to feel very welcome in the P&P sub forum.

Enjoy your last nine nights in your own bed. Best of luck guys and hopefully we’ll see you back here as trained ranks!

Halcyon

Reaction score

Don't get mad at me when I ask you to repeat what you said 16 times, I swear I'm trying, I'm just regional accent challenged.

Take motivation from the serving Royals on here. I’m sure none of them here will have any issues answering any last minute questions.

Enjoy your last nine nights in your own bed. Best of luck guys and hopefully we’ll see you back here as trained ranks!

Thanks Johnny. You've all been a godsend.

It'll be fun seeing us all start trying to quell the inner flapping on the train.

Harry McRunFast

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
What kind of ‘casual civilian dress‘ are you lads taking? I don’t *text deleted* be the odd one out takes too much / too little?