Rop 28th sept

Halcyon

Reaction score
What kind of ‘casual civilian dress‘ are you lads taking? I don’t *text deleted* be the odd one out takes too much / too little?
Currently just thinking 2 pairs of jeans, one T-shirt and one flannel. Not decided on whether I bring extra shoes or just wear my runners. I'm not sure we'll have enough 'time ashore' to really make it worth it. I tend to wear pretty tight jeans though, so I can half see someone being mad about that and making me do press ups.

B

Blackers

Only one t-shirt!? Looks like I will have a packed wardrobe relative to you!

Perhaps not in the early stages, maybe the odd weekend here and there?

Common sense! Take what you would wear normally! it’s going to be winter so take a coat, jeans, jumper etc! It’s not hard! You will be going off camp so whatever you feel you need so not to look a lemon. You get long weekends at Week 5 and Week 15. You also will have a civvie locker that the staff won’t inspect. You don’t need a full wardrobe like but think ahead!

Mumma23

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ensure you keep it locked at all times. Also keep it neat. Rule of thumb when I was in training was if it was locked then the TT wouldn’t look inside it. If it was open, they would.
Yes, either combination lock or set of padlocks with same key. I do believe that sometimes a bored TT will challenge themselves to unlock a combination padlock so key might be better?

RCTJ0012

Reaction score
My experience with combi locks was the TT would take it as a "challenge" to get inside and then show the whole troop why it's bad to use combi locks, followed by a short character building session!

Best thing to do is get 4 padlocks that run off the same key and just keep it around your neck.

B

Blackers

Ikea sell clear sealy zip lock bags in packs of 50 for 2.50. Great for waterproofing kit with. And buy baby wipes, great for the field and getting cam cream of

Private_Ryan

Reaction score
Take 2-3 pairs of 'comfort' wear. IE Shorts, joggers and any form of t-shirt, this will serve as 'gash PT' which you'll be in a lot. Also, get two pairs of cheap flip flops, use one as your shower pair, and one as your everyday wear, as constantly being wet will take a toll on your feet.

D

Deleted member 20902

Ikea sell clear sealy zip lock bags in packs of 50 for 2.50. Great for waterproofing kit with. And buy baby wipes, great for the field and getting cam cream of

baby wipes in training, let’s not get them on the flank eh.

B

Blackers

baby wipes in training, let’s not get them on the flank eh.

Aye fair one. They need to learn the hard way! Nothing beats a cold shave from miss tin! Scary when I was in basic training some of these kids were ten years old! Makes me feel old now! There will be some flapping this day next week. Hopefully none of this lot will be ones crying into their pillows on night 1. You’ll be fine lads just play the game!