Rop 28th sept

ouY vs You

Reaction score
Are you all going to be wearing a suit jacket or just the shirt and tie?
Doesn't say on the list to have one but most RM documentaires show the lads wearing them.

Halcyon

Reaction score
Doesn't say on the list to have one but most RM documentaires show the lads wearing them.
I am personally, my CA's words on the matter were basically 'It's a job interview, show up in a suit and tie looking your best'.

Harry McRunFast

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Yes mate, keep it simple though. You don’t want to stand out for the wrong reasons!

Be the grey man!

Chelonian

Reaction score
If you don't possess a suit wear your smartest rig. Show respect for the organisation you aspire to join.

Mumma23

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If you've got one, suit, with shirt and tie. First impressions and all that ;)

ouY vs You

Reaction score
If you don't possess a suit wear your smartest rig. Show respect for the organisation you aspire to join.

I just mean the suit jacket, I have got a suit but not sure whether to wear the jacket or not as it doesn't say on the list to wear one on arrival.

Chelonian

Reaction score
I just mean the suit jacket, I have got a suit but not sure whether to wear the jacket or not as it doesn't say on the list to wear one on arrival.

If one has a suit, why not wear the jacket?
The smartest turnout demonstrates respect. Being the 'grey man' is good general advice but I'll go out on a limb and suggest that nobody gets marked down for rocking up dressed in a manner that conveys respect and a serious understanding for what lies ahead.

Duality

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Hopefully none of this lot will be ones crying into their pillows on night 1. You’ll be fine lads just play the game!

I'm fairly sure some cracking recruits were doing that as quietly as they could. If you do feel like that, talk to the guys you're with. Chances are, someone else feels the same way. There's plenty of help at CTCRM if you're struggling. Look for it and use it. If you see someone like this, help them.

blinky_blonk

Reaction score
I'm fairly sure some cracking recruits were doing that as quietly as they could. If you do feel like that, talk to the guys you're with. Chances are, someone else feels the same way. There's plenty of help at CTCRM if you're struggling. Look for it and use it. If you see someone like this, help them.
Yeah you got to look after those around you. Pick them up when they're having a tough time and they'll do the same for you. We're all in this together

Sub34

Reaction score
Quick one lads, is everyone taking ironing boards with them as only says iron on the kit list.

ouY vs You

Reaction score
Quick one lads, is everyone taking ironing boards with them as only says iron on the kit list.

Couple lads spoke to said they are. But a lot didn't say they are going to. Personally I'm not, as I don't fancy carrying an ironing board on the train into Lympstone..
And would be in kit list if needed.

Private_Ryan

Reaction score
I would 100% recommend getting a thicker ironing board than normal, the ironing boards from camp are crap. Having more space on your board will save you a bunch of time.

Private_Ryan

Reaction score
Couple lads spoke to said they are. But a lot didn't say they are going to. Personally I'm not, as I don't fancy carrying an ironing board on the train into Lympstone..
And would be in kit list if needed.
Also you mention kit list , the AFCO's I feel missed the ball with leaving some things out, as I would also take 2 suit shirts, as you'll be wearing yours for up to a week, and they'll have to be washed everynight.

Chelonian

Reaction score
A quick mention that Parents & Partners are welcome to join the P&P sub-forum on this site.

For anyone recoiling in horror at the thought, those on the P&P sub-forum cannot be traced to individual Recruits nor to members of the main forum.

There is a lot of support and reassurance for P&Ps. Comms with home can be sporadic during the early weeks. Parents and Partners relax when they understand that nobody has received a telephone call or a text because all their loved ones are wrestling with a steam iron at 0300.

Duality

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I've had so much help and support in parents and partners - some utter belly laughs as well. It must be a struggle being at home and not having that resource.

ouY vs You

Reaction score
Also you mention kit list , the AFCO's I feel missed the ball with leaving some things out, as I would also take 2 suit shirts, as you'll be wearing yours for up to a week, and they'll have to be washed everynight.

Sounds like a good idea, I'll take another one with me. thanks.
I think your right about then missing a lot of stuff on the kit list. Don't they just make you go out and buy extra stuff when your there that's not on the list?

Private_Ryan

Reaction score
Yes, you may be able to go ashore and buy some stuff the 1st or 2nd Saturday whilst there is also shops on site.