ROP and RT Kit List?

Halcyon

Reaction score
First off, not sure if this should be in the ROP dates section, but RT kit stuff has seemingly been in this section before, so feel free to move the thread if needed.

I'm rubbing my 2 braincells together at the following kit list item
Washing Gel (for hand washing)
I am operating under the assumption that this is hand soap.

All recruits must wear appropriate bed wear, as instructors of the opposite sex are required to carry out head counts/bed checks during the silent hours.

What is classed as appropriate? I normally sleep in boxer briefs, is that enough? Do I need gym shorts over that or something for more modesty?

Signed - The Current Village Idiot

Chelonian

Reaction score
All recruits must wear appropriate bed wear, as instructors of the opposite sex are required to carry out head counts/bed checks during the silent hours.
What is classed as appropriate? I normally sleep in boxer briefs, is that enough? Do I need gym shorts over that or something for more modesty?
A fair question. Do Royal Marines Recruits sleep naked in 2020?

Duality

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I sent both hand washing gel and laundry liquid with my nod. The hand washing gel came back unused so I think it may be gel for laundry handwashing.
He also took pyjamas - as listed on the RT kit list and by all accounts, these were not required. I would have thought handy incase a stay in med bay is required.

Halcyon

Reaction score
I sent both hand washing gel and laundry liquid with my nod. The hand washing gel came back unused so I think it may be gel for laundry handwashing.
He also took pyjamas - as listed on the RT kit list and by all accounts, these were not required. I would have thought handy incase a stay in med bay is required.
Thank you kindly for the info.

smashlegs

Reaction score
I thought the head count was done by one of the TT just like on Commando School. So now females specifically do the head counts? I was under the illusion that I would be able to sleep ‘commando’, as I always have. Best get used to covering up then!

Chelonian

Reaction score
So now females specifically do the head counts?
I doubt if women are specifically allocated the role but as women are now enlisting into ROP/RT it's possible that female personnel will be present in the accommodation blocks as has been the custom in Royal Navy RT.

Reaction score
I thought the head count was done by one of the TT just like on Commando School. So now females specifically do the head counts? I was under the illusion that I would be able to sleep ‘commando’, as I always have. Best get used to covering up then!
My interpretation of this would be that there may be female recruits alongside male recruits in the accommodation, as opposed to female staff, so both genders should take this into consideration and dress appropriately if these are the circumstances.