ROP bleep test

Protein-bar

Reaction score
I'm starting next Monday and I understand there is a bleep test at the end of the ROP, where you have to reach level 11. I've been practicing for about a month now and I'm up to level 9. I figured my running would translate to the bleep test but it actually requires lots of practice. Do you think it's doable to progress 2 levels in a month of ROP?

cobb

Reaction score
No mate I’ve been on Rop and done 4 weeks and failed on bleep to injury. I’d recommend be fit enough before you turn up.

Protein-bar

Reaction score
No mate I’ve been on Rop and done 4 weeks and failed on bleep to injury. I’d recommend be fit enough before you turn up.
Well that's unfortunate. What's your plan now? Are you able to return once you heal up?

cobb

Reaction score
Well that's unfortunate. What's your plan now? Are you able to return once you heal up?
I’ve healed up and going through the application process again sadly and making sure I’m ready to smash it this time round !

Protein-bar

Reaction score
I’ve healed up and going through the application process again sadly and making sure I’m ready to smash it this time round !
Yeah that must be gutting mate, hopefully it moves quickly for you.

I've been in the application process for a year coming from a sedentary lifestyle it took that to get me in shape. All my other numbers are on the mark but I don't know what to do about the bleep test and it would be quite rude to tell my recruiter I want to postpone 5 days beforehand after they prepaid for my travel.

cobb

Reaction score
Yeah mate I can’t wait to get back ! And Good on you bud ! I would speak to your CA *text deleted* mate , what’s your current training plan looking like ?

codislife

Reaction score
Yeah mate I can’t wait to get back ! And Good on you bud ! I would speak to your CA *text deleted* mate , what’s your current training plan looking like ?
What injury did you get if you don't mind me asking?

OddPikeFromCrimsonCity.

Reaction score
Bleep 11.3
sit ups 50
press up 40
pull up 5

and jump off diving board breast stroke round pool and pick up brick from bottom in deep end
thanks mate is that the standard you Have to reach to pass or is it the minimum? Also do you get payed during rop, and if so how much if you dont mind me asking?

cobb

Reaction score
No worries mate , yeah you get paid around 800-900 for 4 weeks . And yes you have to achieve them reps

Dan8696

Reaction score
Use your common sense fella, that's a bare minimum, I'd wonder if you'd be passed if you scraped on scores.. Aim for max scores and you'll be fine

mace

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Bleep 11.3
sit ups 50
press up 40
pull up 5

and jump off diving board breast stroke round pool and pick up brick from bottom in deep end
Sorry for my ignorance but when is the two 1.5 miles run (group+best effort) tested? Many thanks