Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

ROP - June 29th

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by TR93, May 26, 2020.

1. TR93

TR93 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hi all,

Start ROP on June 29th, passed vPJFT+ a few weeks ago. Shout with any questions.

• Like Like x 1
  2. smashlegs

smashlegs Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    How was the vPJFT set out? Is there any info on where your phone should be positioned, how did you play the bleep audio etc. Cheers and well done on the pass.

3. Saracen1

Saracen1 Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    My son has just passed vPJFT this afternoon.

We used two iPhones, one on a tripod for the link to the assessor, showing the activity area with a side-on view of my son when carrying out the activities. The second was connected by Bluetooth to a speaker to have enough volume for my son to hear and the assessor.

Had to make a shade though for the phones as it was extremely hot in our garden and I was scared the phone would shut down due to overheating.

Sound check carried out with the Cpl and he did a could of reps of each exercise first to confirm correct methods used.

Just waiting for a date to get rid of him now.

• Like Like x 4
  4. smashlegs

smashlegs Active Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Thanks for the Info. So you played the audio through the Bluetooth speaker I take it? congrats to him for the pass

5. Saracen1

Saracen1 Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Sorry smashlegs, didn’t make that 100% clear in my post, one phone used to communicate with the assessor and one phone to play the YouTube vPJFT audio track through Bluetooth speaker.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Filthyanimal

Filthyanimal New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    yes mate I’ll see you there

7. TR93

TR93 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Just put my laptop on a cushion at 1 end of the lounge so that the whole room was visible, then played the test on my phone and connected it to a Bluetooth speaker to make sure it was loud enough. It's all pretty clear in the instructions they send out.

8. TR93

TR93 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    There's a WhatsApp chat going, PM me your number and i can get the lad to add you if you're not already in it?

9. Wings

Wings Venerated Contributor

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Interested in a diary/summery of what consists

• Like Like x 1