rough prmc pass rate?

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hi guys i got my prmc on the 17th of december i do 45 press ups,60 sit ups (in 2 mins) but will easily improve by like 5-10 proberly *text deleted* get better on both of them and pull ups which 4/5 give or take.. and i do 3 miles in 19:25 do you think ill be ok in my head im feeling pretty confident due to i know ill get adrenaline rushes etc just wondered what you would think was the rough prmc pass rate and would u feel confident if you was me *text deleted* :*text deleted*: cheers fellas

Ulick

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I don't belive in pass rates, the instructors are not looking to fail people, they want people to pass.....bit of a cliche I know, but bang out your best and with what you have I'd be confident...good luck, I hope to be there myself in a while :D

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
yep agreed don't worry too much about pass rates, as they don't compare people. If 60 guys turn up and they all perform then they'll all get through. If 60 turn up and are all poor, then no one will pass. Pass rates just depend who you get on your course and nothing you can do about it.

All the best

GW

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
It's true that the amount passing varies so much that the "average pass rate" would be completely misleading.

The individual figures you quote for the 3 mile run & some of gym test one, appear on course, assuming you can do them one after the other. You would be advised to start layering your exercises if you don't already- for example day one of prmc includes the three mile run, followed by the bleep test (VO2 max), followed by press-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups & your swim. If you haven't started to combine those disciplines in relatively short succession, you need to start doing so.

You need to practice quality sit-ups, press-ups & pull-ups otherwise you'll be deducted for not completing them properly- check that for each discipline you are entirely sure you are using the correct techniques.

Good luck.

Josh

Reaction score
im realy thinking of joining the core my dad was in and is there any advice tht you could give me. :?:

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Hi Josh,

Welcome to the site mate, what I would say mate is your Dad will be proud of you whatever you do in life. If you are going to join, just be careful that you are doing it for yourself and not your Dad.

How old are you?, if your near 16 or over 16 it might be best to ask your local careers office if you can have a "look at life course" or maybe an "Royal Marines Acquaint day" if they still run these in your area and not booked up. You can even walk into the Careers office and just tell them you aren't sure yet but would like more info before deciding. Best thing to do is talk to your Dad about it as well and just be open about what you want to do.

Best of luck

GreyWing

Josh

Reaction score
im 17 im joining for me ive always wanted to and im currntly living in malta for the past year. im coming home at crimbo and i *text deleted* get on the soonst prmc as i can. i can do 40 push ups in 1min 80 sit ups in 1min and run 3mile in 16min 4sec.

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Superman less than a second per sit up (0.75 seconds) thats impressive? you cant be doing full sit ups how youd have to do it for prmc though, youd be lucky to do crunches properly that fast?!