rowing machines??

stevewwfc

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
just a quick question, how do you fella's rate rowing machines, in terms of fitness.i dont really use them at the gym normally am just on the running machine. i am thinking about using them more , but was wondering how affective they were.
cheers

sn0rlax

Reaction score
Yea i use them quite abit bud, next time your in the gym go to the list of workouts and theres a '500m / 1.00 R' workout! its basically a 500m sprints then 1 minute interval! they are a killer, have a go at doing 4 or 5 of those in a row SPRINTING and you'll change your mind about them :)

stevewwfc

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yea i use them quite abit bud, next time your in the gym go to the list of workouts and theres a '500m / 1.00 R' workout! its basically a 500m sprints then 1 minute interval! they are a killer, have a go at doing 4 or 5 of those in a row SPRINTING and you'll change your mind about them :)

cheers mate

ben25

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
USE THEM

THEY ARE SO EFFECTIVE

especially if u have an injury rowing is low impact compared to running and will get your anarobic threshhold up which is what u want for PRMC ,RM etc etc

Ben

Nintendouche

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
USE THEM

THEY ARE SO EFFECTIVE

especially if u have an injury rowing is low impact compared to running and will get your anaerobic threshhold up which is what u want for PRMC ,RM etc etc

Ben

Very much agreed.

i used these a few years ago at my running club and not only did they help my anaerobic rates up for my long distance running they also enabled me to do more press ups without getting knackered.

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
Hijacking the thread a bit -

Anyone know any good rowing workouts, or where I can find some?

What sort of setting should you be looking at it? I.e, the 1-10 resistance thingy.

pain is glory

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yeah definitely use rowing machines, i think they are really beneficial for your fitness and you will definitely notice improvements i did, i usually do 5000 meters but occasionally do the 500 meter sprints you will not regret using them and as people have said it is low impact but if you push it your legs get really worked and you feel like they are going to fall of.

pain is glory my friend.

just passed the medical.

Binary

Reaction score
London, geeza.

*text deleted* get the PJFT booked for Jan now, should be enough time for my shins to fookin work.

pain is glory

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
thought it was you mate, shin splints are a pain in neck glad my legs are ok now still a tiny bit but nearly fully recovered every things ok though looking forward to the rmad after so much training i will be able to see if its paying of im pretty confident it will though when are you looking to go for prmc did you have the asian women doctor.

C

critchmufc

its one of the only work outs to get your CV fitness and your upper body strength up

unless you do gymnastics