Royal Air Force: Celebrating 90 Years

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
"One of the largest flypasts ever seen in Britain commemorates nine decades of the Royal Air Force in front of an audience including the Queen. Featuring displays including 90 aircraft that have defended the UK during that time, from World War One bi-planes to the jets and helicopters used in Iraq and Afghanistan today. Presented by Dan Snow and Kate Silverton from RAF Fairford, Gloucestershire"

On BBC 1 Right now, Anyone Else been watching it?, Really interesting, Been telling us all about the Aircrafts and what role alot of them play in afganistan etc, Really good program, Enjoying it.

Just thought id let you know!.

Sam

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
"One of the largest flypasts ever seen in Britain commemorates nine decades of the Royal Air Force in front of an audience including the Queen. Featuring displays including 90 aircraft that have defended the UK during that time, from World War One bi-planes to the jets and helicopters used in Iraq and Afghanistan today. Presented by Dan Snow and Kate Silverton from RAF Fairford, Gloucestershire"

On BBC 1 Right now, Anyone Else been watching it?, Really interesting, Been telling us all about the Aircrafts and what role alot of them play in afganistan etc, Really good program, Enjoying it.

Just thought id let you know!.

Sam

Yeah I watched it,
was pretty good,
apart from some knob in one of the aircraft saying I can imagine what it would be like for the men parachuting on D-Day,
no mate,
you can't.

Joe

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
I remember watching the fly-pasts on the 60th anniversary of D-Day. Most of the Airforces in Europe took part. The RAF got a big cheer in Tornadoes and Harriers, mainly because the commentry went something like this:

"And here's the 3 F16's from Norway, followed by 3 F16's from the Netherlands, followed by three F16's from Poland, followed by..." etc.

New Threads