Royal gets a new set of wheels...

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The new WMIK Replacement looks rather good.

Should be fantastic as long as there's no mines or roadside bombs on the driver's side!

Zefan

Reaction score
That looks a hell of a lot chunkier, I'd be far more comfortable on ops in that!

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I like that.. 'Roll Bars to protect crew'

How do you roll a 4 tonne chunk of metal?

News

RSS Feed
Reaction score
Jackal Packs Awesome Punch

The first of the UK military's tough new 'Jackal' 4x4 patrol vehicles have been put through their paces in Helmand province, southern Afghanistan.

More...

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Ninja, I dont know much about the old land rovers or about roadside bombs, but these have a much higher ground clearance by the looks of it. Still, completly unprotected like you said.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Just noticed the picture on the News feed "Jackal packs awesome punch" (three posts up from this one).

The one on the MoD Oracle site seems to have side armour around the driver, so it seems the original comments were noted!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
What is the water heater for? treating wounds?

Nah, for making a cuppa.

Doubtless some medical chap will try to monopolise it with some excuse or other, but a cup of tea is a very British/Commonwealth thing.

Doubless the Oz version will have a beer cooler.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I'm no expert but why doesn't the vehichle have some sort of defense for the soldiers? There's no protection?

The guy at the top could easily be shot or does that not happen?

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Well if it is *text deleted* replace landies as fast moving fire support then being shot at in that is about as safe as being in a landrover. Except that whoever is shooting at you is going to get a torrent of fire back at them.

I want one for christmas.

New Threads