ROYAL MARINE COMMANDO TATTOO!

Gaz the "Taff"

Reaction score
Okay....i notice every bloody US Marine has a USMC tattoo eg. the globe and eagle, raising the flag on Iwo Jima, Muscular Bulldog, Sabre with scroll .... I tried and tried and bloody tried to find one for us but guess what? Not a bloody sausage out there.

:idea: SO! because i have a bit of an Artists hand when it comes to doodling im drawing up some of my own,but i want to see if YOU CAN MAKE UP YOUR OWN and Give each other ideas. A bit daft sounding, but i thaught it would be a pretty cool idea to have OUR tattoo for when we pass out and receive our Green Beret. Maybe you could sketch something out and post them up on here. You dont have to be bloody Rolf Harris or Van Gough and create a Masterpiece :*text deleted*:

Obviously it has to include the Globe and wreath ect.... but something a little different that signifies it as OURS (Royal Marine Commandos).Remember though folks....im not saying your daft but dont get a tattoo of the Royal Marines before actually passing the 32 weeks, Like the complete and utter pillock did that was in the AFCO with me :*text deleted*:

My idea is of a Vargas Girl in ww2 era, with the Globe ect... and a scroll wrapping arround her with The Motto and the date i passed (I *text deleted*ING HOPE I DO :D ) the 32 weeks.

Something to do for 5 minutes i suppose :P cheers brothers!

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i think its a AWESOME idea! im having " gaz the taff " on mine!! no im kidding how about we have Royal Marine Commandos curved over the top with a sexy women in WW2 style clothing with a cigar holding a lee-enfiled or sten and the globe and scroll in the background but the women stands out more if you get me?? only a idea came up with it instant so maybe not so good what dya think?

Dodger

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Do Tat's make it harder to get into the UKSF? because it makes you identifiable?

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
no *text deleted* thats just a myth.. if u get caught mate they will know your english when the scream at u in arab and *text deleted* liek what the *text deleted* :) aslong as there not in places where its exposed it would be ok. ninja will know for sure

Gaz the "Taff"

Reaction score
Yeah, any idea is a good'un mate, i like the idea of the sten gun.
*text deleted* that bit about the enemy knowing that your British anyways because you'll shout "*text deleted*-Off" *text deleted* reminds me of that bit in The Great Escape where they are pretending to be Germans speaking German getting on to a train, then the Nazi fella says "Take care" (or something like that)..and the British guys fall for it and say "Cheers"......DOH!

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
blocky said:
no *text deleted* thats just a myth.. if u get caught mate they will know your english when the scream at u in arab and *text deleted* liek what the *text deleted* :) aslong as there not in places where its exposed it would be ok. ninja will know for sure

No myth

mr_kiwi1

Reaction score
Theres loads of RM tatoos out there mate!
I've seen plenty of blokes with the Commando Dagger, or the Commando flash, or the G&L.
Hell just look at the PTI in the PRMC green bible, he has the commando dagger I think.

Gaz the "Taff"

Reaction score
Yeah, ive seen some of the Sykes daggers, i had a fitness booklet from my AFCO office with a marine with a bloody great big dagger going down his leg *text deleted*

I was thinking of making "OUR" own, then it could sort of spread and catch on with others as a thing to have when you pass out as a Royal Marine. A tattoo ONLY for Royal Marines. thaught it sounded a cool idea :P

im drawing up something at nights when im resting up from training, when finished i could post it up here and see what you guys think :D

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Top tip- get a Royal Marines tattoo AFTER you complete Commando training.

If you fail Recruit Training, you'll go down a storm if you try to join another arm of the services with what could be viewed as a provocative tattoo.

My advice, if you MUST get a RM tattoo, treat it like earning your green beret.

South

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just wondering, would a forarm tattoo (not excessive in size or number) bar entry/re-entry?

I have no tattoos as of yet but i would like some... but il probably wait a few years because im not fully grown yet, dont want them to look naff :*text deleted*:

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You can have a tattoo on your forearm, just as long as its not offensive in anyway.

South

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Sorted! i think i'd like a forarm tattoo :D

Gaz the "Taff"

Reaction score
is .."Always outnumbered Never Outgunned"... used by the Paras? im sure ive heared this used somewhere :?

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Tatoo

"Always outnumbered Never Outgunned"... This sounds like a line from a gronk with no knickers on running amock in Royals accommodation Block!! The type that keep the boyz happy!! :shock: :D

Ninja is right guys, wait until you pass through basic training. The classic when I was in was a British bulldog wearing a green lid with the words Royal Marines Commando surrounding it.

All the very best

Steve