royal marine form.

Blorange

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
the royal marines have different form and style for exercises, and some that work different areas of the body and are more harder to achieve.

for example,
for press ups, elbows have to be in not sticking out,

during pre fitness tests, are you required to do them in royal marine form, or as the majority do them?

i ask this because i dont want to train doing something that isnt allowed during fitness tests ect

Mitch2012

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Aslong as your chest touches the fist and your not 'humping' the ground, I think it'll be fine. I had the same worry, but I've done some reading and it's since eased my worries!

Kentish

Reaction score
If unsure, youtube "Royal Marine Pushup/Situp/Pullup". That's the form every exercise shall be conducted. Anything else will not count.

jable1066

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Do yourself a favour and practice immaculate form. Check the videos out on youtube, they're not hard to find. Try and video yourself too to check that you're doing it right.

Kentish

Reaction score
The form shown in the videos is correct form, that's what they expect you to do, if you do not, it will not be counted.

This is correct.

WelshLad91

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
The form shown in the videos is correct form, that's what they expect you to do, if you do not, it will not be counted.

This is correct.
Like a boss! Listen to kent hes a wise wise man.

ross90rmc

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
People over complicate too many things on this forum.

As stated earlier, the get fit to apply tool shows you the form...royal marine press ups, to get into the royal marines. Not too outrageous really.

Grimmey

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Just think of it this way...if you can do 60+ press ups proper immaculate form? You'll have no problem getting 60 press ups on PRMC(touching the fist)

oh *text deleted* the touching the fist thing doesn't make it much easier if im honest

Blorange

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
thing is guys, i really want to get my application rolling but i know i'm not up to standards on my running 1.5 miler ect and i want to work on press up pull ups more, how long after i apply will it be until i do fitness tests?

gym beast

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
it takes a while, not sure how long it takes after application for psychometric, but itll be a few weeks, then another 4 or 5 weeks until medical, and then pjft to be done within 4 weeks of medical, so a good 3 months from application

OneMoreWrap

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I applied in February and completed my apps straight away, passed my pyschometric last week and received my eye test and medical forms a few days later. At this point you could delay yourself til you were ready for a week. But by the time I get my medical dates I would have had over 4 weeks to advance in my running times. I was running 10:43 returns 5 weeks ago and now I do 9:15.
Did a mock PJFT today and came in at 9:56, scrapping it!
That 2% sure makes you dig deep!

Grimmey

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
thing is guys, i really want to get my application rolling but i know i'm not up to standards on my running 1.5 miler ect and i want to work on press up pull ups more, how long after i apply will it be until i do fitness tests?
You don't need to be PRMC fit before you even apply you'd get bored mate. An person with average fitness can apply and within the time taken can pass pjft and prmc if they train themselves properly. Your probably looking at about a 6 month + wait for a PRMC date after you apply(that's if everything runs smoothly of course...) that's more than boxers train before a fight.

My advise is put your app in, keep your head up and smash the phys...and if you encounter a problem along the way? delay the app for a while...there should be no excuses when it comes down to preparation because the time they give you is plenty. That's all i am trying to say...

Ren_Dundle10101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I think I've said this to you before, scroll down the forum page and you'll see a training & fitness section. You will probably find answers to all your questions in there, and failing that post your fitness threads in there as they fall under "fitness section" rather than "general enquiries"