Royal Marine on yer CV

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Could it possibly effect your chance to get hired after your service in a bad way?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Yep, the Taliban get the hump if you go for a job with them after being a Royal Marine.

PoyserRM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i think it would be one of the best things you could have on *text deleted* CV

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Depends if the job requires you to keep your clothes on all day :kult:

tcsmith88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I would have thought any service history would look good on your CV. Especially if it's a real top bollock force like the Marines. And that reply from Ninja were quality! :laugh:

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It is generally good, unless the person interviewing you has strong anti war views in which case you are buggered.

You can use it to tick all their boxes quite easily, being in the RM implies that you work well in a team, can work under your own initiative, hard working, work well under pressure etc.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
It is generally good, unless the person interviewing you has strong anti war views in which case you are buggered.

You can use it to tick all their boxes quite easily, being in the RM implies that you work well in a team, can work under your own initiative, hard working, work well under pressure etc.

Pretty much covers it all. Nice post there sir

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I believe once you got the life of a soldier you wouldnt want a civilian job unless your retired. I no i wouldnt..

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
You have never had the life of a solider so you would not know.

:iagree: you may be forced into living as a civvie - injury, discharged, money problems, family, or at the worst case getting wounded in battle and not being able to carry on as a Marine.

You will have to be a civvie again one day so it should always be on your mind, therefore it is good to have a backup plan (grades and qualifications earned before applying for the forces etc)

New Threads