Featured Royal Marine posters

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by yogismum, Jun 16, 2017.

1. yogismum

yogismum Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    I have a stock of RM recruitment prints made in the 90's when my lad was in 42 Commando at Lympstone. While based in Devon he kept the camp shop supplied with stock,and subsequently the shop requested them direct from me. The staff rota changed and eventually the contact was lost, as a result I still have copies which I'm happy to post.

There is a second print made for RM 'M Squad' also available, and in addition to those I have some signed and numbered, limited edition prints made especially for members of a 'special group' operating at around the same time.

RM recruitment print - actual image size 55.5cm x 72.2cm: £10
    RM 'M Squad' print - 57.7cm x 74.6cm: £10
    'Special group' signed and numbered - 44.5cm x 55.9cm: £25

£6 per order would be required for p&p costs, but one charge will cover up to three sent together.

Please private message me if you are interested.

Recruitment.png

MSquad.png

Group.png

2. Chelonian

Chelonian Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome. Interesting stuff, although one of the mods will give you the current forum policy about ads and other stuff as generally it's not encouraged.
    By the way, I can still remember the 1990s. :)

3. yogismum

yogismum Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    I do hope I haven't broken rules...I am rather naïve within the 'forum' world, and so I'll apologize in advance.

4. Chelonian

Hey, don't worry about it. :)
    By the way, are you the artist?

5. yogismum

yogismum Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Yes! Once ensconced within CTC, Ade(Yogi) soon met and married Sharron - a Devon girl. My instruction from him was to relocate from Lincs. promptly, to step up and prepare for future 'baby' duties!

Those happy years brought me close to some wonderful lads - I got to know a few - and love 'em all. Somehow I got embroiled in supporting them throughout good times and bad - and while it may be 25 or more years ago, a chunk of my heart remains with them now.

My considerable library of books built over time has sustained me, sharing an intimate link to the courage and spirit shown through conflict after conflict - and helped me keep up!

Bless you all

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

Hello @yogismum,

A warm welcome to the site, we hope you feel both familiar and welcome.

Generally we avoid adverts where possible as our membership is predominently young Royal Marine aspirants, who may have limited financial resources and which we do not wish to exploit.

But, from what I've gleaned from your few posts, it would be overly officious of us to be judgemental in your case. ie: Crack-on, but please limit the advert to this thread.

7. yogismum

yogismum Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Thank you Sir, I appreciate what you have said. Perhaps there would have been a better place to make the prints available......it hadn't occurred to me until I read the lad's posts!

8. Ninja_Stoker

Having now gained an insight into your son's story and your tragic loss, I think it appropriate to feature this thread.

We wish you the very best and hope you feel amongst friends.

• Like Like x 3
  9. yogismum

yogismum Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    I really appreciate your help - I definitely find myself at a disadvantage in the world of 'forums', 'threads' and posts! I thought I understood the English language, but those words weave confusing significance in today's parlance - I'll get there though - if I don't retreat first!
    I now see that the P&P forum is kept private, understandably. Would it be considered inappropriate to add Yogi's story to one of the general threads left open for general consumption? There may be those among the retired members yomping by from time to time, as yet unaware of Ade's passing.
    If so, would you suggest the most appropriate place, and I'll abide by your judgement.

10. Chelonian

You're not alone, trust me on that! :)

But you're doing just fine. Better than most actually. Nobody will snap at you here. It's a very friendly place.

11. yogismum

yogismum Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    A few years ago I bought myself 'Windows for Dummies'. Included within the first three pages, the term 'by default' had been used nine times! I couldn't understand the instruction until I removed it from the sentence - without which - was perfectly coherent.
    Which simply confirms that 'my time' has known the best of times!

At least I'm not alone!

12. Ninja_Stoker

By all means.

It is not a particularly recurrent topic on a recruiting forum, but I guess that probably the most appropriate place would be in Corps History & Knowledge: https://www.royalmarines.uk/forums/royal-marines-history-and-knowledge.19/