Royal Marine Stories

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I expect most of us have heard storries about what a royal marine or a few royal marines done once, outside of the battle groun, and we thought it was great.

One of the best stories i heard was from my girlfriends dad who is an ex sailor.

He told me once how he was in a pub having a nice quite pint with his mates when suddenly these 4 huge african bloke burst in with knifes and told every to get their wallets and phones out and put them on the table.

So obviously most of them wern't crazy enough to stand up to these fellas and started to get their stuff out. And then suddenly some guy stands up, must have been a corpral or sargeant or somthing as such and said "Royal Marines disarm those men" then suddenly about 4 royal marines launched over the tables, beat the crap out of the men, restrained them and gave them to the police.

I thought it was an amazing story and showed how fearless and hard the marines are. may sound sad but i dont really care, i only wish i can be like them one day, hard as nails and not affraid of anyone.
And on top of that reading Steven Preece's books made me want to be a marine even more. it just seemed he was basically fearless of anything and anyone.

So you lads heard many little stories like that. not published ones but just stories you have heard off people?

chelseafc

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
good story thats the only one i've heard other than the on one was the one in the paper where 4 marines held of 100 taliban. i just think thats all these little stories that show how good marines r an y they r elite an thay also give me that deternimation to tarin harder

Blue Man

Reaction score
My dad was in the Royal Marines for 2 decades so he's told me quite a few, but here's my favourite.

In Norway they had some time off so he and a few mates decided to go find something to eat. Spotting a Sandwich bar they decided that the last person there would have to buy the food. So they set off at a sprint and one of the guys pulled away and was winning by miles and in celebration kicked at a bin bag that was lying on the pavement. However, unbeknown to him, the bag was full of concrete. Cue one broken ankle! Ouch!

David

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Cheers

I expect most of us have heard storries about what a royal marine or a few royal marines done once, outside of the battle groun, and we thought it was great.

One of the best stories i heard was from my girlfriends dad who is an ex sailor.

He told me once how he was in a pub having a nice quite pint with his mates when suddenly these 4 huge african bloke burst in with knifes and told every to get their wallets and phones out and put them on the table.

So obviously most of them wern't crazy enough to stand up to these fellas and started to get their stuff out. And then suddenly some guy stands up, must have been a corpral or sargeant or somthing as such and said "Royal Marines disarm those men" then suddenly about 4 royal marines launched over the tables, beat the crap out of the men, restrained them and gave them to the police.

I thought it was an amazing story and showed how fearless and hard the marines are. may sound sad but i dont really care, i only wish i can be like them one day, hard as nails and not affraid of anyone.
And on top of that reading Steven Preece's books made me want to be a marine even more. it just seemed he was basically fearless of anything and anyone.

So you lads heard many little stories like that. not published ones but just stories you have heard off people?
ZZ: Thanks for the compliment. Yes, undoubtedly as marines we were fearless. My Oppos used to say there was a nine foot giant inside me fighting to get out!! Although I am a lot more reserved these days I certainly still don't lack confidence. The marine term for the stories you are talking about is DITS. My first book tells about 10% of what I got up to and I see myself as being lucky to have been able to put my DITS down on paper.

I remember the day a colleague of mine told me that I should write a book about my antics. At the time I thought that was quite funny coming from him as he was quite a character too. Back then he'd just finished a week long run ashore dressed up as Harry Chrishna, complete with bald head, orange garment, barefeet and begging bowl. He had no money and spent the week begging for beer. It was hilarious!!

Cheers

Steve