Royal Marine thing!!

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hey im in 6th form and my school put me down for some royal marine thing were going to, there will only be 12 of us, but we do the assult course etc, anyone been on one of these, whats it involve?

Paul-M

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I went on an Army one ages ago and they had virtual rifle ranges, hands on with weapons, the opportunity to play football with a tank (haha) and a competition were you put your details down to win an iPod, and then the next day they ring you asking you to join up ! Sneaky *text deleted**text deleted**text deleted**s haha. As for a RM one, it's probably similar to an RMAD.

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yer i did the army one in the kings regiment and got the best mail award *text deleted* i was chuffed

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i'm doing the army one at catterick later this year

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
If anyone is going on the marine thing im going on november 3rd

NDC_OSPREY

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I went to the para insight course, was awesome, but also the hardest thing ever. Dunno what the Marine one is like but the Para one is like a weekend of fitness tests with a few lectures on weapons and history stuff. they also chucked in the Log Race and Asualt course for good measure.

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey im in 6th form and my school put me down for some royal marine thing were going to, there will only be 12 of us, but we do the assult course etc, anyone been on one of these, whats it involve?

i went on it but with my college, you will probs get a tour of the building, do the assault course, climbing wall, have a look at the weapons, rifles, grenades etc and have a look at a helicopter! *text deleted* thats what i got!

Death-Oar-Glory

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score

Depends. If it's a 'Meet the Marines' Day, I went on a couple. Good fun, not very helpful if you alread want to join/have knowledge, but still great fun, and you can write it down as proving you have a real interest in it. We got a rid eon a rigid raider, did some potholing thing, a mini confidence test/abseiling/climbing wall thing, weapons acquaint (SA80 up to MILAN), quick talk on Royal itsself, and an unarmed combat display. All good fun, but nothing strenuous or challenging. Oh and we did paintballing, and that was good fun, doing it with a bunch of clueless lads, 12 of us who do cadets went, and just basic infantry skills had us owning.

If it's not that, then I don't have a clue....
:P

New Threads