Royal Marines Aquaint Day....

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
I've heard some people talking about it on here, i know its to give a rough idea of what training will be like at lympstone, but what do you actually do when you are there and my local AFCO is birmingham, so does anybody know where i would do it???

cheers lads :applaus:

B

billyliversage

I dont know where abouts you would do yours, im guessing somewhere round Birmingham. As for what you do, there is a thread in the sticky section thats shows you everything you need to know and what you will do.

http://www.prmc.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1894

^^^ Is the link

Sam1

Reaction score
cheers mate, would i get a place on RMAD by talking to my AFCO??

:dinner:

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yeah, best thing to do is phone them up and ask them if theres any near you.

i highly recomend doing one!, twas a really good day, and gives you a clue as to when u may be ready to do PRMC..

meet some good lads too!

jeremy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeh there is one at HMS FORWARD in Birmingham in July

i think?! What stage are you at in your application?

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You just do some of the tests that you would do on the PRMC like the 3 miler, situps, pushups etc.

At my AFCO they make you go on one, bit gash cause that means you have to wait longer, got mine on the 3rd and I probably won't pass and if I you don't pass they won't send you to the PRMC(I said that they would regardless before as that is what the advisor said but the WO and Marine both said otherwise so just as a correction, you do have to 'pass' the RMAD to be sent to the PRMC, atleast at my AFCO anyway)

I'm probs *text deleted* fail mine and then I'll have to wait another 6 weeks for the next one. :eek: No point in complaining though if my fitness isn't up to the standard yet though eh!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You just do some of the tests that you would do on the PRMC like the 3 miler, situps, pushups etc.

At my AFCO they make you go on one, bit gash cause that means you have to wait longer, got mine on the 3rd and I probably won't pass and if I you don't pass they won't send you to the PRMC(I said that they would regardless before as that is what the advisor said but the WO and Marine both said otherwise so just as a correction, you do have to 'pass' the RMAD to be sent to the PRMC, atleast at my AFCO anyway)

I'm probs *text deleted* fail mine and then I'll have to wait another 6 weeks for the next one. :eek: No point in complaining though if my fitness isn't up to the standard yet though eh!

Your AFCO is doing you a favour sending you on an RMAD & if you can't "pass" an RMAD, you most definitely won't pass a PRMC. It's hardly 'gash' not sending you on a PRMC until you are ready because it's just a waste of time, a lot of money & pointless administration effort otherwise.

If nothing else you will identify where you need to improve. Anyone that has the opportunity to attend an RMAD (and many areas don't get the chance) only has themselves to blame if they turn down the opportunity and subsequently fail PRMC.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Your AFCO is doing you a favour sending you on an RMAD & if you can't "pass" an RMAD, you most definitely won't pass a PRMC. It's hardly 'gash' not sending you on a PRMC until you are ready because it's just a waste of time, a lot of money & pointless administration effort otherwise.

If nothing else you will identify where you need to improve. Anyone that has the opportunity to attend an RMAD (and many areas don't get the chance) only has themselves to blame if they turn down the opportunity and subsequently fail PRMC.

That's what I said but it's 'gash' cause their only on every 6 weeks.

Sam1

Reaction score
Yeh there is one at HMS FORWARD in Birmingham in July

i think?! What stage are you at in your application?

i sent it off few days ago (Y)

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
i sent it off few days ago (Y)

You'll be on the same one as me in September, *text deleted* been to one before.....its at HMS Forward, but you do the run round Edgbaston Resvior. Its a easy day out....good laugh.

Why are you recruiting through Brum? Why not Wolves?

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Ah going To Goven then spartan? Brilliant bunch of lads there had a blast when i went.

Sam1

Reaction score
You'll be on the same one as me in September, *text deleted* been to one before.....its at HMS Forward, but you do the run round Edgbaston Resvior. Its a easy day out....good laugh.

Why are you recruiting through Brum? Why not Wolves?

nice one (Y)

i phoned up a number i found somewhere (website probably) and they just said birmingham would probably be closer. but i catch a train to my AFCO in birmingham from wolverhampton so...... *text deleted*.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
nice one (Y)

i phoned up a number i found somewhere (website probably) and they just said birmingham would probably be closer. but i catch a train to my AFCO in birmingham from wolverhampton so...... *text deleted*.

Id ask to change, wolves is alot close, number 246 isnt it?

The Chief Officer at Wolves is a top bloke

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
im on HMS forward RMAD on 22nd of july anyone else????? :D

Sam1

Reaction score
Id ask to change, wolves is alot close, number 246 isnt it?

256* *text deleted*

would i just literally say, can i change to the wolverhampton AFCO ????

:uglyhammer:

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
256* *text deleted*

would i just literally say, can i change to the wolverhampton AFCO ????

:uglyhammer:

Yeah PM me and ill give you the details, im not giving names out publicly but the Chief Petty Officer is ace.

New Threads