royal marines/army

nathanb52

Reaction score
People keep asking me what the difference is between Royals and the regular army and i can never come up with a decent answer could i please have some help here!
cheers nathan

South

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Royal Marines are the .navy's. amphibious infantry mate. So not part of the army, completely seperate service, and trained to an extremly high standard.

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Does my head in when people ask those sort of questions to me, i laugh most of the time, I just put it down to ignorance :*text deleted*:, everyone always goes when you going in the army :?. Just makes you want to slap them.

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I tell you what is currently annoying me the most.

I was at my nans the other day. She spoke to a one of her friends on the phone.

This is what put me in the most angry mood, ever.

"Oh, my grandson is here right now... he's joining the ARMY".

I wanted to scream! It's the MARINES!

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Royal Marines

The Royal Marines are the navy's Soldiers.

The are paid by the Navy and clothed by the Army.

They come under both the Queens Regulations for the Royal Navy and the Manual of Military Law.

They are Britian's elite, amphibious commando force, and are some of the very best and toughest soldiers in the world.

There you go, how's that?

Cheers

Steve

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Eloquently put young Steve!

The Royal Navy, the Senior Service, is extremely proud of the Royal Marines and rightly so. The Army, for many years, has sought to bring the Royal Marines under the direct authority of the Army as they hold so much respect internationally, and still they try.

The Royal Marines continue to be the best at what they do.

The Army recently had a recruiting poster showing a desert scene with a heavily armed & fully manned open-top Land Rover in the foreground & a Chinook hovering behind with the phrase "Be the Best" emblazoned across it.

The amusing issue was the occupants in the Land Rover all had Royal Marines Commando shoulder flashes & the helicopter was manned by the RAF. The phrase "Ooops" springs to mind

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
haha, nice!

Maybe its a subliminal message to join the Royal Marines?

Or, just a major *text deleted* up.

nathanb52

Reaction score
nice one cheers steve i think im going to have to memorise that then!! does annoy me a lot when people compare us to the army!

New Threads