royal marines cadets

nath95

Reaction score
alright guys need some advice, i am 15 and currently with the army cadets and just found out there is a local royal marines cadet detatchment so if anyone is a marine cadet or has been, please tell me what its like in terms of training, as im hoping to be a rmc so want a good start

Rec0rd

Reaction score
I'm an Air Cadet also with aspiration to be a RM. I can't tell you much about the RM cadets, except that it's a private detachment to the sea cadets (meaning you'll have to pay for all your uniform etc). It's mostly fieldcraft and leadership based too.

If there was a local RM cadet centre in my area then I would join too.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
To be honest membership of any uniformed cadet organisation can be very beneficial, regardless of the "parent service".

What you should look at is what best suits you & what you can put into it & get out of it.

Standards vary nationally, but any unit that is well established, perhaps has a rolling programme conducting Duke of Edinburgh schemes, field exercises, annual camp etc. is worth joining & staying with.

fluxed02

Reaction score
I am also part of the ATC, I can tell you that (from my experiance) yes there are a few detatchments about however the actual cadets of a decent standard are few and far between. Personally im glad i joined the ATC.

rhys_1996

Reaction score
I have been a royal marine cadet for almost 2 years now and personally from experience it all depends on your local detachment if it is anygood, but also depending on the company (alpha zulu etc) and NO you do not have to pay for uniform

MaxReid

Reaction score
I've been an RM cadet for a year now and from seeing army cadet units and kit. You will see a big slide in the amount of gucci kit and new uniforms. And if you want to be a marine go to the cadets asap because you will learn what you need for PRMC/POC and you will train to a much higher standard than the ACF. You will also have a chance of being taught by ex marines or serving marines. Plus the interviewer at the careers office will love to hear that you have experience as a marine cadet.