Royal Marines Commando 32 Week Recruit Training Programme

Caversham

Former RM Commando, Moderator
Reaction score
They don't know how lucky they are! That was a stinking ex.
Agreed! We done ours on the Common, just down from the MEG range. If you dug down 4ft you were stood in 2ft of water! A honking exercise made worse by it being an NCB ex and the TT shoving CS gas in your face throughout the dark hours. Added to that it was in December and made for a miserable few days.

Alan

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Nothing like getting back on a Saturday and going straight into a bottom field session. Praying for traffic on the motorway haha.

Mom from far

Reaction score
An update for this thread courtesy of a forum user.

Attached as a PDF is a scan of the Recruit Training schedule which was issued to PRMC candidates in October 2018.

The schedule is for guidance only. Particular elements might be swapped around to make the training programme fit with available resources. Please take a look through other posts in this thread which may have details of specific changes.

Also RT evolves. Contrary to what is in the PDF please note:

Final Ex is now Week 29.
Commando Tests start on the Saturday immediately after Final Ex.
Check this thread for other edits as they arise.

Most importantly, this guide should not be used to plan weekend leave, etc.
Thanks

Jet

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yes thanks for all those updates! I must've had a REALLY old copy, no wonder I was getting confused!o_O Happy to be back in the loop now!! :)

Jet

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
This is very wierd o_O as I wrote this response to you @Chelonian on another - 32 week training team site which people were writing on today, not back in July?
Where's that disappeared to?? :eek:

sharpe

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I’ve been reading some old training diaries from previous troops which have been great but they seem to have stopped. Anyone know if they are going to be published again?

Moonduster

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
@sharpe My son's troop (276) diary was available on line until (about) week 20 I think but it has now disappeared completely. He told us at around week 26 that he had just written one to be posted online but it has never appeared. :(

Shame as the troop diaries are a brilliant way of seeing what they've done and what is coming up.

JWJ

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Where do you get to read these at? Never found out when I was in training

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Our Tp Cmdr still had one nod get voluntold to do one each week, and that was late 2018 in 26x numbers
Possibly they now have individual troop urls, known only to the NoK of each troop due to persec?

JWJ

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Possibly they now have individual troop urls, known only to the NoK of each troop due to persec?
The Tp Cmdr screened them all to check for persec issues, and generally, they were censored to avoid the worst of the drips; not sure what persec issues could come from "its cold, we got extra phys because we didn't do a proper kit muster, its always wet" etc