Royal Marines Commando 32 Week Recruit Training Programme

Chelonian

Reaction score
can you please explain what the different colours mean?
To be honest I was hoping that nobody would ask me. -banghead-

But seriously, the Exercises are highlighted in green. Others better informed than I might comment on the other colours.

Jrod7

Reaction score
So gym pass-out is now the end of week 5 I take it, instead of week 9 leading into hunters moon?

Mumma23

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
For guidance only:

Below is a reasonably current training schedule which gives an overview of ROP Weeks 1-4 and RT Weeks 1-32.

As stated earlier in the thread ROP and RT constantly evolve. Please do not regard this as a definitive document as elements might be rescheduled. Weekend Leave might be cancelled at very short notice so do not rely upon this document to plan leave activities.

ROP_RT_Sep_2020.jpeg
Wow - Chickerell ranges! I grew up in Chickerell and me and my friends used to play around that area and the Fleet as well the nearby old quarry workings! Was a good 40+ years ago, long before health and safety!

Chelonian

Reaction score
Was a good 40+ years ago, long before health and safety!
Fifty years ago a school friend and I would often be out all day on Braunton Burrows in summer capturing adders which we would put into a pillow case. We'd release them before heading home for lashings of cake and ginger beer which is what youngsters ate in the late 1960s.

We'd happily trespass onto the military training area. On one occasion an NCO bellowed at us and demanded to see what we had in the pillow case. I think he assumed that we'd been collecting brass. When we emptied a writhing ball of about twenty adders at his feet he did a little dance.

aliens-do-exist

Reaction score
that sounds like something out of an Enid Blyton book

Fifty years ago a school friend and I would often be out all day on Braunton Burrows in summer capturing adders which we would put into a pillow case. We'd release them before heading home for lashings of cake and ginger beer which is what youngsters ate in the late 1960s.

We'd happily trespass onto the military training area. On one occasion an NCO bellowed at us and demanded to see what we had in the pillow case. I think he assumed that we'd been collecting brass. When we emptied a writhing ball of about twenty adders at his feet he did a little dance.

aliens-do-exist

Reaction score
*text deleted* i am not sure about whole weekends and i think covid has affected that. im sure sundays although often seemed to be doing 'admin' on a sunday and he'd often ring on a saturday morning to say they were off to town but sometimes delayed if someone had failed an inspection, often out until 7pm. he is halfway through and it seems to be going so fast now! he said the real fun stuff starts now....i am not quite sure of his definition of fun!

In the 13 weeks has he had any weekends off or a Saturday off?

rheomorten

Reaction score
*text deleted* i am not sure about whole weekends and i think covid has affected that. im sure sundays although often seemed to be doing 'admin' on a sunday and he'd often ring on a saturday morning to say they were off to town but sometimes delayed if someone had failed an inspection, often out until 7pm. he is halfway through and it seems to be going so fast now! he said the real fun stuff starts now....i am not quite sure of his definition of fun!
Thank you for the reply I’m hoping with the Sunday’s being mainly blank on the timetable I may be able to see him for a few hour but I guess I won’t know until like the day before

Dvv63

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
If I'm reading this right, HM is 4 weeks earlier, no Baptist walk, and baptist run earlier too!

Duality

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
There's other exercise names in there that don't appear in the 32 week schedule my nod's doing.

Chelonian

Reaction score
There's other exercise names in there that don't appear in the 32 week schedule my nod's doing.
It's possible that Recruit Troops already into the training pipeline before ROP was established are continuing along their original schedule. But I'm only speculating.

What is certain is that RT constantly evolves. Often tiny, incremental changes and sometimes radical ones.