Royal Marines Commando 32 Week Recruit Training Programme

Reaction score
Hi @Marine partner.02 my sons Troop did the first ROP and didn’t go ashore for about 5 weeks. However once they started mainstream training he was allowed out. Families Day is at week 10 now and ours didn’t go ahead, but all the lads went home.
Ah okay, hopefully he will then, although it is around 2 weeks before Christmas leave but I supposed they may still let him come home?

Reaction score
Yes, Families' Days are currently suspended.
COVID-19 circumstances will inevitably impact predicted leave dates. Put bluntly it's difficult to predict.

CTCRM is a training establishment with perhaps 700 plus personnel on site at any one time. In many ways it is comparable to a university campus, except nobody yet appears to be weeping out of a window for the benefit of TV media. :)

Your chap will undoubtedly keep you updated when he knows what the plan is. Prior to COVID-19 long weekend leaves were more predictable.
Okay, appreciate you replying. Hopefully he’ll get a schedule when he starts mainstream training.

codislife

Reaction score
For guidance only:

Below is a reasonably current training schedule which gives an overview of ROP Weeks 1-4 and RT Weeks 1-32.

As stated earlier in the thread ROP and RT constantly evolve. Please do not regard this as a definitive document as elements might be rescheduled. Weekend Leave might be cancelled at very short notice so do not rely upon this document to plan leave activities.

ROP_RT_Sep_2020.jpeg

Edited to add: This schedule is clearly appropriate to the new ROP/RT regime. Recruit Troops which started RT prior to ROP/RT might be following an earlier version of RT.
So no more w/e leave on week 5 anymore?

future-commando

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
For guidance only:

Below is a reasonably current training schedule which gives an overview of ROP Weeks 1-4 and RT Weeks 1-32.

As stated earlier in the thread ROP and RT constantly evolve. Please do not regard this as a definitive document as elements might be rescheduled. Weekend Leave might be cancelled at very short notice so do not rely upon this document to plan leave activities.

ROP_RT_Sep_2020.jpeg

Edited to add: This schedule is clearly appropriate to the new ROP/RT regime. Recruit Troops which started RT prior to ROP/RT might be following an earlier version of RT.

Week 1 on Wednesday it says somthing regarding social media. What's that all about?

Caversham

RM Commando, Crossed The Bar 13/12/2020
Reaction score
Week 1 on Wednesday it says somthing regarding social media. What's that all about?
My guess is that it will be a lecture about the perils of using social media and breaching PERSEC, particularly if you have aspirations about going SF etc.

Alan

future-commando

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
My guess is that it will be a lecture about the perils of using social media and breaching PERSEC, particularly if you have aspirations about going SF etc.

Alan

SRR and SBS have crossed my mind a few times! Can't decide if I want to be James bond or Rambo ;)

future-commando

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
An A3 PDF proof of the training schedule as of Summer 2020.

So just trying to get my head around this. Is first leave on week 10 where it says weekend leave after families day? Do you come home on completion of ROP or stay until first leave during RT?

bishopgab

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Unsure if they are getting long weekend leave at the moment due to COVID
I presume the next leave will be Christmas Holidays
The nods will tell you as things change at short notice at the moment

aliens-do-exist

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
So just trying to get my head around this. Is first leave on week 10 where it says weekend leave after families day? Do you come home on completion of ROP or stay until first leave during RT?

hi they dont get leave after the 4 wks ROP but go straight into week 1 training. Thereafter, as the other person said you can't count on weekend leave with covid, my son didn't get a long weekend in june, just sat pm & sunday. the next leave is christmas.

Chelonian

Reaction score
Is first leave on week 10 where it says weekend leave after families day? Do you come home on completion of ROP or stay until first leave during RT?

As ever, RT is a constantly evolving programme. The current national health emergency effectively cancelled Families' Days for the foreseeable future. The same applies to the scheduled weekend visit to Normandy, France.

Long Weekend Leaves are also subject to change at very short notice.

CTCRM can only react to sudden changes in the national emergency situation.

Decapitari_G

Reaction score
Just been looking at the revised training programme and was wondering if phase 1 and 2 still exist? or whether this has been amalgamated into a full 34-week training programme if that makes any sense?

johno4

Reaction score
An A3 PDF proof of the training schedule as of Summer 2020.

Hi Chelonian

Would you be able to share a more recent version of the attached if you have one ? For those of us starting in the new year. (or is this still the latest training schedule)

New Threads