Royal Marines Commando 32 Week Recruit Training Programme

Reaction score
Hi @Marine partner.02 my sons Troop did the first ROP and didn’t go ashore for about 5 weeks. However once they started mainstream training he was allowed out. Families Day is at week 10 now and ours didn’t go ahead, but all the lads went home.
Ah okay, hopefully he will then, although it is around 2 weeks before Christmas leave but I supposed they may still let him come home?

Reaction score
Yes, Families' Days are currently suspended.
COVID-19 circumstances will inevitably impact predicted leave dates. Put bluntly it's difficult to predict.

CTCRM is a training establishment with perhaps 700 plus personnel on site at any one time. In many ways it is comparable to a university campus, except nobody yet appears to be weeping out of a window for the benefit of TV media. :)

Your chap will undoubtedly keep you updated when he knows what the plan is. Prior to COVID-19 long weekend leaves were more predictable.
Okay, appreciate you replying. Hopefully he’ll get a schedule when he starts mainstream training.

codislife

Reaction score
For guidance only:

Below is a reasonably current training schedule which gives an overview of ROP Weeks 1-4 and RT Weeks 1-32.

As stated earlier in the thread ROP and RT constantly evolve. Please do not regard this as a definitive document as elements might be rescheduled. Weekend Leave might be cancelled at very short notice so do not rely upon this document to plan leave activities.

ROP_RT_Sep_2020.jpeg

Edited to add: This schedule is clearly appropriate to the new ROP/RT regime. Recruit Troops which started RT prior to ROP/RT might be following an earlier version of RT.
So no more w/e leave on week 5 anymore?

codislife

Reaction score
The current COVID-19 circumstances have rendered the previously predictable time table redundant. Expecting the unexpected is a good mindset to cultivate.
Yeah, makes complete sense! Missus will be sacked off then if she can’t handle it

future-commando

Reaction score
For guidance only:

Below is a reasonably current training schedule which gives an overview of ROP Weeks 1-4 and RT Weeks 1-32.

As stated earlier in the thread ROP and RT constantly evolve. Please do not regard this as a definitive document as elements might be rescheduled. Weekend Leave might be cancelled at very short notice so do not rely upon this document to plan leave activities.

ROP_RT_Sep_2020.jpeg

Edited to add: This schedule is clearly appropriate to the new ROP/RT regime. Recruit Troops which started RT prior to ROP/RT might be following an earlier version of RT.
Week 1 on Wednesday it says somthing regarding social media. What's that all about?

Caversham

Former RM Commando, Moderator
Reaction score
Week 1 on Wednesday it says somthing regarding social media. What's that all about?
My guess is that it will be a lecture about the perils of using social media and breaching PERSEC, particularly if you have aspirations about going SF etc.

Alan

future-commando

Reaction score
My guess is that it will be a lecture about the perils of using social media and breaching PERSEC, particularly if you have aspirations about going SF etc.

Alan
SRR and SBS have crossed my mind a few times! Can't decide if I want to be James bond or Rambo ;)