Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Royal Marines Commando School - Episode One (14/7) Official Thread

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by GreyWing, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Illustrious

Illustrious Royal Marines Commando - Moderator

In your day the 'extra phys' were harder because the nods were more bone ;) Nowadays we get it right the second time :D

• Like Like x 2
  2. C

C Guest

I like that it showed the sleep deprivation already taking its toll, with some recruits barely being able to keep their eyes open.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Banshee

Banshee Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    • Guys, the less English you post the less the search engines pick us up. That means the less people find this site and the less people it can help.
    But they can't ever be mwahaha

• Like Like x 3
  4. j0b006

j0b006 Troll

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    An old Jewish man told me its better for your spine to sleep in the nip in the long run.

5. 123......go!

123......go! Valuable Contributor

This looks brilliant. It just makes me feel like wanting to join up even more!

6. Topgun

Topgun Valuable Contributor

BB15RA

I do not want to get into a " bone fight" with you, but.....

Please remember, to get a Royal Marine into battle normally requires the RAF. When a RM is hurt and laying on the ground, the sound of the helicopter blades as the Medivac approaches must be heaven - help is on its way.

All our Armed Forces are required, big and small, tough and not-so tough to make it all happen.

So let's respect all the Services equally....from RM to the nurse.

Topgun

• Like Like x 4
  7. "freddie"

"freddie" Former Royal Marines SNCO.

I'm guessing that has only just started this year then, sorry correction next week..........;)

Or maybe it is heath and safety doing its job........:D

8. FreeCoaster

FreeCoaster Veteran Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    We all know what they want ;)

9. 123......go!

Evry shut it! Its finished its break now! Hahaha

10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

If the rest of the series is as skillfully portrayed as the opening episode, I have little doubt this series will have significant & positive influence on recruiting figures. Hopefully the positivity and humour from both the training team & the recruit's perspective is maintained.

For those already frequent visitors to this forum, who wish to join but haven't submitted an application? My advice - extract digit.

• Like Like x 4
  11. BB15RA

BB15RA Well-Known Member

Well considering I have served and know a few RAF I think I'm OK, but I'll explain it, I told my son, who at the time was drifting career wise that he should join the military. The decision he made was to join the RM, I thought he should join as an officer but he didn't want to, so that was his choice and he is more than happy with it.

12. Viking

Viking Venerated Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Im speaking to a friend of mine who recently passed out in 176 troop and he said he only had corporal froggy a few times for drill he said as long as you did what he says he was fine which seemed to be the case on commando school as well to be honest, its a big motivation boost to see lads crack a laugh out on a important inspection with 1 hour kip in 2 days

• Like Like x 1
  13. 123......go!

Would like to see them 2 jokers do their inspection :confused:

14. j0b006

j0b006 Troll

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Filled me with more desire to get into RT soon as.

Good laugh that Corporal is. "Fancy me do ya? Stop looking at me then... Stand to attention eyes front."

You *text deleted* laugh sitting at home on the sofa in front of the telly or you'd cry.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BB15RA

BB15RA Well-Known Member

I'm not having a go at the RAF, I'm having a go at the parents, and the fact that their son could have joined as a medic or doctor, two of the most important jobs in any conflict, in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

I personally was a little unnerved initially, but feel very much uplifted by the excellent first episode. The Corps seldom divulge or acknowledge such things to those who actually recruit, but I suspect they are equally pleased so far.

• Like Like x 1
  17. 123......go!

I think the experiance from the ACF would help me in the RM. Well hopefully anyway

18. j0b006

j0b006 Troll

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I think they covered the introduction well without giving any USMC fanatics a reason to take the P.

I like how they covered Foundation mod on the first episode too.

19. BrigRat

BrigRat Venerated Contributor

Not much, it won't. Maybe help you with knowing the rifle, as you'll be used to the GP, but cadets only do very basic things with everything.

20. 123......go!

It looks great I dont know what it is but every time I go to my dad's work I feel really safe and at home and even watching that makes me feel the same. I think that shows that the armed forces is for me :cool::);)

• Like Like x 1