Royal Marines Literature

rmc_86

Reaction score
Hello Guys, how long does it normally take for the Royal Marines literature to arrive?

I know it's a bit of a random questions, it's just that I spoke to the Royal Navy/Marines careers advisor on the phone last Thursday and they advised that it would be sent there and then.

Thanks for any replies!

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey mate,

It should only take maybe 3 or 4 days, normal second class post. If you haven't got it now I'd give them a call again. If you spoke to the AFCO in Queen Street they might not have gotten round to it, try giving the general recruitment line a call.

On another note, I'm from Greenock, send me a PM if you're looking for someone to train with!

rmc_86

Reaction score
Alright mate, cheers for the reply, I spoke to the general recruitment team mate, they said they tried to call me a few times.

As for training mate I am in pretty bad shape just now, I was basically looking to get the application process started and start proper training at the start of January.

If you can give me any tips for anything it would be much appreciated, thanks mate!

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
All I would suggest is that you start training right away and don't apply until you're ready.

I was in the same position as you when I was thinking of applying, but since applying it was only a month before I was given a PRMC date. I am now in the situation where I have to train full time in order to be ready for the end of January, and I don't recommend you do the same thing.

Like I said, get into shape before applying and you'll be suprised how quickly it all goes through if you chase it up and keeping checking with your AFCO.

rmc_86

Reaction score
Thanks very much mate, cheers for the advice, I thought the application process took much longer thats why I have tried to get that going before training.

Cheers again! 8)

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The literature that is being posted to you can be downloaded from the Royal Navy website- it's a large file, so it takes a few moments to download (Link): Royal Marines Commando

Hope that helps.

rmc_86

Reaction score
Ninja_Stoker said:
The literature that is being posted to you can be downloaded from the Royal Navy website- it's a large file, so it takes a few moments to download (Link): Royal Marines Commando

Hope that helps.
Thanks very much Ninja, it came on Saturday morning, I think you may have already posted it somewhere I'm sure I've read it.