Royal Marines/Military Reading

LAS920

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hello guys,

I am currently preparing for my POC and AIB, and part of my prepartation includes reading lots of literature. I've read the obligatory 'Commando' (Chris Terrill) and am currently working my way through 'Royal Marines Commandos; The inside story of a force for the future' (John Parker), which I thoroughly recommend, It gives an indepth insight into the development of the Marines, and supplies first hand accounts of their battle honours throughout the past 300 years, leading on to modern day developments and potential roles in the future.

Has any body else read any particuarly usefull books in preparation for their application and can anyone recommend any.

Cheers, Lee

MasoN

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I have the "Making of a Royal Marine Commando" book, found it in an antique store for 50p. Bloody excellent book, bit old but highly recommended!

chew1e

Reaction score
yeah i've read a few books. Got to say i thought the making of a royal marine commando by nigel foster was a great book. Covers training, type of people in the marines, compairs to USMC and French Foreign Legion and even WAG's point of view. Top read.

Also read Battlefield Afganistan recently, which gives a good idea of what you'll be getting yourself into.

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
another one that was recomended to me on another thread (so sorry for stealing advice ! *text deleted*) was "first into action" by duncan falconer i think...mostly about the SBS but highly recomended for anyone who is insane enough to be considering that *text deleted*