Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Royal marines officer ranks

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Don't kill sean bean, Aug 3, 2019.

1. dodgyknees

dodgyknees Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Even though I bat for the other side, I hoped Messenger would get it as Ive worked for him before and can attest to him being a top bloke. That being said, Carlton-Smith has a more than punchy CV should any of you get the chance to look him up (the video is a bit s#%t though).

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Truth is, he was carrying two rolls of lino and someone pinched them.

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

True. Few reaching field/flag rank are unable to add a UKSF posting or two to their CV. I guess it depends on the rank & capacity in which they actively served whilst in that role. (Big picture planning [as DSF] or selection/boots on the ground involvement, prior to). Trouble is, the operational stuff cannot be published beyond generic, vague detail.

Conversely the head of MI5 is a bog-standard Senior Civil Servant, not necessarily a former field officer. Donald Trump is Commander in Chief of the most powerful military force in the world - I doubt he served in the cub scouts.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

I thought he was just a cockwomble!

Alan

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  5. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

And I think that the 'studio' he's supposedly stood in is a CGI creation.
    In my imagination I keep hearing the words "You've let me down; you've let the school down; and you've let yourself down."
    I struggled not to laugh even when a fifteen-year-old.

No worries. Diversity is respected here. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  6. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

I'm afraid you led with your chin there @dodgyknees!

Alan

• Like Like x 1