Royal Marines Quotes Inspirational/Funny

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Come on lads lets all give each other a lift ill start; I know for me in particular, Good quotes can make the world of difference.

STATE OF MIND

"Your mind is a weapon, your mind is a blanket against cold and a shield against fear. It can be beat heat, overcome hunger and erradicate pain. You can train your body to turn soft flesh into muscle but if you want to know what it takes to earn the green beret, start with whats under it" -- Royal Marines Poster

PAIN

"It dosent hurt when the pain has gone" -- My Grandad, Very simple but oh well *text deleted*

Ill will add more to this post so if you guys have any then more the merryer.

southerncomfort

Reaction score
The main quote I follow is the one I have as a tattoo.

Faber Suae Quisque Fatum. Translation.. Each man makes his own fate.

I got this after a few ups and downs in my life. I am of the mindset that YOU dictate where your life is going. YOU make the choices to where you want to go. YOU have to put the work in to get the results. YOU dictate your fate.

Another one I like to keep in mind...

Our greatest glory consists not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
“There are some people who live in a dream world, and there are some who face reality; and then there are those who turn one into the other.”

Gareth

Reaction score
Give life everything you've got, and it'll give you everything you want

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
" You Can do Anything if you got a big enough heart" my grandad has always said that to me very insperational to me

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Taken from last nights Commando: On the Front lines -

"I will persist until I succeed. Always will I take another step, If that is of no avail I will take another, and yet another. In truth, one step at a time is not too difficult … I know the small attempts repeated, will complete any undertaking."

Hit home with me anyways :D

Gaz

Reaction score
Nothing great will ever be achieved without great men, and men are great only if they are determined to be so.

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Warrior

THE WARRIOR CREED

Wherever I go,
everyone is a little bit safer because I am there.

Wherever I am,
anyone in need has a friend.

Whenever I return home,
everyone is happy I am there.

Cheers

Steve

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Creed

Yeah though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I shall fear NO evil.

Because I'm the biggest baddest meanest mother *text deleted*er in the valley.

Cheers

Steve

Rob

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
'If your going through hell, then keep on going' - Sir Winston Churchill

Very appropriate for Marine training I think.

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Vincere vel mori translates to - conquor or die

Fortis et hospitalis translates to brave and hospitable or strong and hospitable

These have been found on my family's coat of arms

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Trained en

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night, because trained men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Cheers

Steve

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Guess my quote says it all

" All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing. "

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Groucho Marks

Groucho Marks once said: A woman is only a woman, but a cigar is a bloody good spoke.

There's sense there somewhere!! :D

Another good one is: "Don't be shy, your mother wasn't." :shock: :D

Also: I remember one of our training corporals saying to us during a 12 mile yomp, MIND OVER MATTER.

"We don't mind and you don't matter."

I know he meant well. :D

Cheers

Steve

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
"too many minds" think thats quite true as well, you just got to focus on what your doing at that particular time and nothing else (relating to training)

JoePRMC

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
For those who want to be Commandos

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievemnet, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither knew victory nor defeat"

Theodore Roosevelt