Royal Marines website errors

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I make no apology for duplicating a post I've had to make elsewhere, due to receiving several PM's informing me that the RM website states several items differently to what the individual has been told at AFCO level:

For those visiting the excellent Royal Marines Websitethere are a few glitches that individuals should be aware of, if considering joining the Royal Marines.

The site states (quotes in blue)

Pre-joining fitness test
"This is a 2.4km (1.5-mile) run on a treadmill that you can do at a local fitness centre. You have to finish in 10 minutes and 45 seconds".

This should read: 10 minutes 0 seconds.

Pay & Conditions

"If you join as a Royal Marines Commando, we will normally offer you a career of up to 22 years, although you may be able to extend it to 32 years. You must serve for at least three years from when you join, or from your 18th birthday – whichever is the later. After this, you can leave the Royal Marines with 12 months’ notice".

This should read: you will normally be offered a career for 18 years or to the age of 40, whichever is the longer. You may submit two weeks's notice at any time after serving two weeks up until your 24th week of training. Personnel under 18 maybe discharged "Unhappy under 18" after 6 months& up until they reach 18 years of age. Upon completing training, you must serve 2.5 years return of service before submitting 12 months notice to leave.

To Become an Officer, "the minimum entry requirements are three GCSEs (A-C)/five S grades (1-3) including English language and mathematics and two A levels/three H grades. Applicants with alternative qualifications are considered on their individual merits".

This should read: FIVE GCSE's (A-C)/five S grades (1-3) including English language and mathematics and two A levels totalling 140 UCAS points at A2 level. Applicants with alternative qualifications are considered on their individual merits.

Hope this clarifies the issue & hopefully the errors will be corrected shortly.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The RM Website has now corrected the majority of reported errors. Thanks for pointing out the mistakes, please let us know if you see any more!