Royal Navy annual budget

JSB

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm having problems finding out what the RN's annual budget is for 2008, I have only been able to find the 2007 figure of £3.1 billion. Have any of you come across this information?

Thanks

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
More than that, surely? The defence budget is around £35 billion, and I'm pretty sure the RN gets roughly a third of the cake...

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
They haven't finished spending it yet so there isn't a more recent breakdown than 2005 that I could find.

The MOD Website & BBC site had a good visual dated 2007:

_44094063_tax_spending_gra416.gif

mike webb

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
see here we have a prefect example. this social protections gets over 150 billion pounds! thats all the 16 yr olds with kids and job benefit seekers *text deleted* too much! cut that lot down, infact scrap it! then give our boys a nice and tasty bigger slice of cake! buy some new boats for the sailors to have fun with, a few more planes for the aircrews, and then they can get the marines better body armour (that dragon skin stuff looks like it does the job properly), and new guns! what we recon men?

mike

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Very true. Unfortunately never going to happen, and many people need that money to survive, i.e. people on disability benefits (people who actually are disabled).
I personally am more worried about £30billion debt interest.

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
It's funny to think that income tax only pays for the welfare state. Everything else comes out of VAT, stamp duty etc...

Rob Wallace

Reaction score
I am very interested to find out exactly what the £59bn of other is

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Magical rescue packages for countries that messed themselves up and other such fun things I guess.

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
In the list of World Military Expenditures, it says the UK's is 59 billion, so how is it in the 30's?

Is it me or has the US military budget gone up about 200 billion *text deleted*, sure it used to be 500 billion something...

Lumley

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Send some of that for better equipment and whatnot for the marines aye!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
An F-35 in close-support of Commandos ashore, in the ground attack mode is probably what was intended with regards "better equipment". The problem of course, is that bringing your floating 'airfield' with you tends to eat into the kitty.

Nintendouche

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
That "other ?59bn" probably goes on all the MPs expenditures for kitchens, TVs, extensions etc....:mad:

ukkpa

Reaction score
It is all on the MoD website if you look hard enough... you may have to scan through a 460 page pdf to find it though. Overall defence budget is also on there in a different section.

Do your research!!

mike webb

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
It is all on the MoD website if you look hard enough... you may have to scan through a 460 page pdf to find it though. Overall defence budget is also on there in a different section.

Do your research!!

hmm, like anyone has the time to read through 460 pages to find out a few numbers!!

have you done your research, or are you merely pointing people in the right direction?

mike