Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Royal Navy Psychometric Test - Revision & Practice

Discussion in 'Stickies/Frequently Asked Questions' started by Ninja_Stoker, Aug 2, 2017.

1. BillyTheKid

BillyTheKid Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Are calculators provided/allowed?

2. marriedwithchildren

marriedwithchildren Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Not allowed. All you get is an empty sheet of paper

• Like Like x 1
  3. Don't kill sean bean

Don't kill sean bean New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    I have my tests on Thursday and am applying for officer, are the minimum requirements for mechanical comprehension 50% for officer then but the others 75%

4. stringer98

stringer98 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    think its like 75% in each section

5. Surfbum

Surfbum Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Evening all,

I felt it was my duty to pass on my experience from the test. Although it's a small step in the mountain ahead, it will stop you in your tracks of you fail.

I passed mine today after 4 weeks of hard graft research and revision and if I had to give you one bit of advice it'll be, purchase the book which ninja recommended above. It gives you 4 mock tests which get progressively harder from 1-4. It also supplies you with how to work out each question and explained answers. I paired this up with other resources online to really help and I managed 87% in total so it really pays off.

One of the lads I was talking to used the navy online test as revision and found it harder. He still passed so its certainly helpful but stay safe and aim for 100%.

Be presentable, turn up on time and do as your told.

Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  6. shakebody

shakebody New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Please anyone got past questions for the psychometric test? Please can you put it here pdf please..

Mod edit. Thread merge. Post #1 refers.

• Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2018
  7. RCTJ0012

RCTJ0012 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Having done the psychometric test a couple weeks ago I can safely say if you just do the tests on the Royal Navy website, the actual test is exactly the same format with similar questions.

I was thinking about purchasing test booklets but decided against it, as long as you practice the tests on the Royal Navy website and have a basic understanding of Maths and English you'll be fine.

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  8. shakebody

shakebody New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Thank
    Thanks....

9. Surfbum

Surfbum Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I'll have to disagree here (sorry). The royal navy website does give you a very close comparison but I thoroughly recommend the books mentioned by ninja. I found the test much easier after using the book and other resources online. Stay safe and go for 100%

10. RCTJ0012

RCTJ0012 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I guess it depends on the person really, if someone feels the need to purchase extra study material there's no problem with that. There were a few guys that showed up to the test and they were on their second go, they ended up failing... If only they knew about the extra books ay!

11. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Whatever resources one uses adequate research and preparation is always a wise plan for any element of a selection process, be it for a military or civilian job.

It's been noted on this forum before that university graduates have sometimes performed badly on the OR psychometric test, possibly because they underestimated it.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Maverick200597

Maverick200597 New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    Is there a specific dress code for the psychometric tests?

13. Surfbum

Surfbum Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Smart casual mate.

• Like Like x 2
  14. MORP

MORP Member

Its the first impression your afco will get of you - so put your suit and try and look as smart as possible, remember to have a shave beforehand as well

• Like Like x 3