Royal Navy Recruiting Test & Example Psychometric Tests

Discussion in 'Stickies/Frequently Asked Questions' started by Ninja_Stoker, May 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perry101

Perry101 New Member

Would you be able to whatsapp me the pages? that would be a huge help mate!

2. fckdandbombed

fckdandbombed Active Member

Sure mate pm me your number, I can do it on Saturday as I'm down at My mums.

3. robbo2270

robbo2270 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
  4. Shadow Frog

Shadow Frog Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    @Ninja_Stoker I have a friend who failed the RT test 2years ago and is thinking about re-applying. If he failed again this time round is it all over? Thanks

SF.

5. Shadow Frog

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Also how many subtraction and addition questions are there? That's all I'm good at! Haha and multiplication. Thanks

SF.

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

You are allowed two attempts at the recruit test. If, after several years have elapsed, the Area Recruiting Manager may consider a third attempt in exceptional circumstances. I'd estimate there are about 6-8 basic arithmetic questions.

7. Shadow Frog

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Thank you!

8. Mogley

Mogley New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    @Ninja_Stoker what's the score needed in the reasoning part of the test? I understand I need minimum of 10 in maths and verbal,12 in mechanical. Was just wondering as it's the one I seem to struggle on the most!

9. Ninja_Stoker

There is no minimum score in reasoning but the all-up total you should aim toward still needs to be about 50% .

10. Perry101

Perry101 New Member

I was told 52/120 overall to pass. But obviously try and get them all right if you can!

11. Ninja_Stoker

The trouble with aiming for a mark assumes the individual knows how many they have answered correctly. Obviously it gives you a rough idea but as with most things in life, you are advised to aim as high as possible to allow plenty of alternatives should things not quite go as initially planned.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Shadow Frog

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    @Jm93 here you go. Hope this helps.

13. Jm93

Jm93 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    That's brilliant, thanks for the head up!

14. cobb

cobb Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Hi

Just asking as i have my recruitment test in 2 weeks am i covering all aspects ?. I revise 7 days a week with about 1-2 hours worth of revision

Verbal 1 - Crosswords and word searches
    Verbal 2 - English college session
    Mathematics 1 -Addition,Multiplication,Subtraction and division
    Mathematics 2 - Fractions,percentages and decimals
    Mathematics 3 - Basic algebra,angles area and perimeter
    Mechanical and reasoning - Just practice tests under timed conditions
    Mock tests

Please tell me if I'm missing anything out that i need to revise on as i am BRICKING IT .

Cheers cobb

15. Deja vu

Deja vu Member

Have you been given a revision booklet?

16. cobb

cobb Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Yes i have mate i will be doing that and some other tests on the mock test day .

17. ironandgrit

ironandgrit Member

App Stage:
    Awaiting selection after AIB pass
    Got my test booked in for a week today, sorry if the answer to this is buried somewhere in the pages, but is the pass mark for Officers 75% in all 4 of the tests? Or has the mech reasoning pass mark been dropped? Ta

18. Ryko

Ryko Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    I'm not too sure if the mechanical mark part is dropped for officers but I'd still make sure you study it because I failed the first part (General Reasoning) and only because I did really well on the other 3 sections did I get given the pass. So had I not done so well on the mechanical comp I may have been failed overall. I'm not too sure what the pass is for officer but when I was studying for it I always aimed for 75% which means I could afford to get 7 wrong out of the 30 questions on each section and to be honest I'm terrible at maths and left school 5 years ago and I aced it. Same with the mechanical part, I have no idea about mechanical stuff but most of the questions are very basic understanding of physics. What I will say is know how a plug is wired, I've never in my life opened a plug so guessed the questions regarding the plugs :D

19. Chelonian

Chelonian Well-Known Member

It's definitely worth getting a grip on Speed, Distance, Time problems before AIB. It will be a real confidence boost too. The arithmetic is easy and based upon simple rules but practice definitely pays off. My godson started working on very basic SDT problems and he can whizz through quite complex ones now.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ninja_Stoker

Post #1 is regularly updated and refers. The paragraph highlighted in green answers your query.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.