RROP INFO

Rt12

Reaction score
Hi all, seen a couple of bits on info on older posts, but from the early stages of lockdown, so it could have changed. Anyone able to shed any light on how the RROP is structured?

THOR

Reaction score

Banged 'reserves rop royal marines' into google and that is the top result.

Broadsword55

Reaction score
just an update, the RROP is 5 weekends rather than four as stated in the Reserve ROP article. It consists of 3 weekends away which should be weeks 1, 3 and 5 then two weeks "at home"

highland_blue89

Reaction score
I recently received a detailed calendar of events for potential ROP I have in March (if i get through the PJFT) from the careers office. I assume most people will be the same?

RMRMerseyChiefInstructor

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
The RROP lasts for 5 weeks and includes 3 weekends and weekly det evenings you will be required to attend all programmed events. Weekends are every other, and will be progressive for both physical standards and basic fieldcraft. The final weekend involves your maximum level fitness tests and the commando aptitude test. We're not after superhuman or olympic athletes we're after individuals that will keep going, who have that strength of mind and the Commando qualities we desire.

RM_Yorkshire

Reaction score
@RMRMerseyChiefInstructor - is the RROP Pass/Fail?

I assume that the Aptitude Tests are pass/fail , but the progressive weeks leading up to that moment are they?

So for example if you don’t complete the full 3 circuits on the PJFT+ over the first weekend are you binned off or would you have an opportunity to continue to obviously progress on the weak areas?
Likewise with any running or any other exercises , are there any that would likely get you binned off or are you more assessing people grit and determination up to the point of the Aptitude tests?
Many thanks

Biggles

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hi lads,

Does anyone know please the structure or the RROP - what order the tests come in and what weekends they happen on?

I have my dates for RROP in June. Anyone else RMR London here ?

Cheers

highland_blue89

Reaction score
@RMRMerseyChiefInstructor - is the RROP Pass/Fail?

I assume that the Aptitude Tests are pass/fail , but the progressive weeks leading up to that moment are they?

So for example if you don’t complete the full 3 circuits on the PJFT+ over the first weekend are you binned off or would you have an opportunity to continue to obviously progress on the weak areas?
Likewise with any running or any other exercises , are there any that would likely get you binned off or are you more assessing people grit and determination up to the point of the Aptitude tests?
Many thanks

The PJFT is done before the ROP