RROP

reacher89

Reaction score
With RROP replacing the PRMC will the fitness tests be the same on this course?

as in the same run, press up, sit up and pull up tests?

Chelonian

Reaction score
With RROP replacing the PRMC
Officially the PRMC is not being replaced. ROP is currently being trialled.

Hopefully more information about ROPs will soon be released into the public domain and posted on the forum.

Royal2010

Commando Training Wing Instructor
Reaction score
With RROP replacing the PRMC will the fitness tests be the same on this course?

as in the same run, press up, sit up and pull up tests?
Press ups, sit ups, pull ups and bleep test is a staple test for recruit training (It's called an RMFA) This will always exist so train accordingly. (basically no change)

JRodwayyy

Reaction score
Press ups, sit ups, pull ups and bleep test is a staple test for recruit training (It's called an RMFA) This will always exist so train accordingly. (basically no change)
What kind of running distances would you recommend to prepare for the ROP? As I've heard long distance isn't really a factor it's more shorter fast runs. Cheers

Royal2010

Reaction score
What kind of running distances would you recommend to prepare for the ROP? As I've heard long distance isn't really a factor it's more shorter fast runs. Cheers
I'm not a PTI so any info I give must be taken at risk and with a pinch of salt as it is mere opinion.
Back when I joined the Manchester AFCO told me to run a steady 6 miler 3 times a week with a 1.5 mile best effort somewhere in the mix of that.
I would say have one day as a slow run and increase the milage each week onto it. (E.g Every Sunday easy 6 miler, stay within zone 2 in regards to your hear rate. Add a mile on each week till you are doing 12/13 milers at this pace)
An easy 6 miler perhaps in zone 3.
Then a mixture of Fartlek / high intensity short distance runs to increase VO2 anaerobic capability. There's also a guide on the forum somewhere, check the stickies.

JRodwayyy

Reaction score
I'm not a PTI so any info I give must be taken at risk and with a pinch of salt as it is mere opinion.
Back when I joined the Manchester AFCO told me to run a steady 6 miler 3 times a week with a 1.5 mile best effort somewhere in the mix of that.
I would say have one day as a slow run and increase the milage each week onto it. (E.g Every Sunday easy 6 miler, stay within zone 2 in regards to your hear rate. Add a mile on each week till you are doing 12/13 milers at this pace)
An easy 6 miler perhaps in zone 3.
Then a mixture of Fartlek / high intensity short distance runs to increase VO2 anaerobic capability. There's also a guide on the forum somewhere, check the stickies.
Brilliant, thanks for the advice and the fast reply il be sure to take this on board. Cheers

ADCFC1999

Reaction score
Im hearing loads about the rmfa during ROP but nothing about the 1.5miler is it still a thing do you do it at the end of rop? The start?

Royal2010

Reaction score
Im hearing loads about the rmfa during ROP but nothing about the 1.5miler is it still a thing do you do it at the end of rop? The start?
It will be a thing you do at some point in training so still train doing it.
You will also do many camp circuits of 500m distance best effort. Short runs as fast as you can mixed with longer slow ones is the best approach.

Alcatraz

Reaction score
Whilst on the topic of RROP, does anyone have any insight of the layout of ROP for the reserves? I know the regulars is a 4 week phase continuing straight into 32 weeks of RT.

How is it being conducted for the reserves given the previous PRMC was done over a weekend at CTCRM?

Griff149

Reaction score
Whilst on the topic of RROP, does anyone have any insight of the layout of ROP for the reserves? I know the regulars is a 4 week phase continuing straight into 32 weeks of RT.

How is it being conducted for the reserves given the previous PRMC was done over a weekend at CTCRM?
Done over 4 weeks. 1 Saturday, 2x weekends (one of which being the CAA) and 4x drill nights.