Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.
  1. Somerset

Somerset New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Hi my son starts RT on 18 March and would love to hear from others starting on this date.

2. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

Welcome. I see you have been added to the P&P sub forum. Please be aware of the conditions regarding personal security.

Alan

3. Somerset

Somerset New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Thanks - where do I find these?

4. MumtoRM

MumtoRM Moderator

Just have a look at previous posts (especially by @Ninja_Stoker and @Chelonian) on the welcome to the section thread over on P&P.

Welcome by the way!

5. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

Copied from a previous post by @Chelonian:
    The sub-forum exists to support Partners & Parents of Recruits but forum users should be aware that the forum cannot guarantee that everyone is who they declare themselves to be.

Please do not identify individuals in Recruit Training.

Those who only wish to browse rather than contribute or engage in conversation are very welcome to do just that, but in order to weed out people who should not be here, we will remove users from the group who do not at least introduce themselves initially.

The idea is to try and maintain a modicum of integrity within the sub-forum and make people feel welcome.

There is a thread for those whose start date is the 18th March. Please introduce yourself to the others.

Alan

6. Somerset

Somerset New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Thanks - do you know how many are normally in a troop and what percentage normally pass out?

7. Moonduster

Moonduster Active Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Welcome. There are usually 50 or so in a troop and of those 10-15% will probably pass out as 'originals' i.e. in the same troop that they started in.

Around 40-50% of the troop (in total) should pass out eventually.

I believe! Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

8. Lipsil

Lipsil Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Hi @Somerset my son starts on the 18th also. Lots of good advice and helpful tips on this forum.

9. Somerset

Somerset New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Hi @Lipsil - yes just joined forum today and trying to work my way through

• Like Like x 1