RT date

Rikko

Reaction score
Now fella's after abit of advise really i received my paperwork today with my RT date on but it says that its only provisional and that the MOD have to confirm it. My brief is on 24th can anyone tell me is this where you sign the contract and everything is confirmed as ok. My problem being i need to get my notice in at work but with it not giving me a deffinate yes or no am now unsure. I need to give a months notice what is the likely hood of dates being changed or cancelled if personal circumstances stay the same.

Rikko

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Now fella's after abit of advise really i received my paperwork today with my RT date on but it says that its only provisional and that the MOD have to confirm it. My brief is on 24th can anyone tell me is this where you sign the contract and everything is confirmed as ok. My problem being i need to get my notice in at work but with it not giving me a deffinate yes or no am now unsure. I need to give a months notice what is the likely hood of dates being changed or cancelled if personal circumstances stay the same.

Rikko
Hiya Rikko,

The wording on the letter is usually something like "provisional offer of service" and is written as such for a variety of legal reasons, (in order of probability) such as:

1. You may not yet have full security clearance
2. You may not yet have proven you have a valid passport
3. You may not have accepted the offer of service & returned all documentation as requested & provided 4 passport photos.
4. You may develop a medical condition that you haven't yet declared or hasn't yet occured.
5. The government may opt to stop recruiting or training or your entry date is changed by CTC.
6. You get in trouble with the police
7. Family circumstances change & you need to defer your entry
8. You may get struck by lightning, etc.

The only thing you may sign at your pre-entry brief is the receipt for your MoD Travel Warrant, you do not actually "Attest" (Sign-on/ swear an Oath) until you arrive at Lympstone.

My advice is to submit your statutary months' notice exactly one month before your provisional entry date unless your Careers Adviser suggests there is a problem with regard the administration aspects of your eligibility to enter service & advises otherwise.

As long as you tick all the boxes numbered 1-3 above, and 4-8 don't occur, you should be OK

Good Luck!

Rikko

Reaction score
Thanks for that Ninja i knew you'd be the best people to speak to thanks for all your help guys.

Rikko