RT - End of foundation

Reaction score
My boyfriend has reached the end of his foundation period and they have finally moved in to 6 man rooms which he is pretty pleased about as there is more space etc.

He said this last week has been really tough with 3-4 hours sleep a night. He said he found himself almost falling asleep during phys sessions and started seeing things that weren't there from being so tired, but on Sunday he got to sleep in until 7am (WOW!) so he got some better rest :)

He says they get made to do the same things over and over again cleaning and ironing cleaning and ironing etc etc, but should start to get a little more interesting soon. But mainly he is enjoying it, he says he tries to see the humorous side instead of getting annoyed and fed up. He has always been quite good at keeping his cool. I hope he keeps it up.

That's all for now folks!

Oz25

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well done to your fella so far! Keep us posted with hiis progression!

All the best

Oz

Phantom

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Foundation can seem tedious in that you're constantly ironing, cleaning and not sleeping etc. but the reason it's just admin is because in the very sense of the word, these skills you pick up are the very foundation of what will eventually be the finest fighting soldier in the UK, if not worldwide, and that will stay with you throughout the entire of your career.

Your fella has a lot to look forward to now as he begins to get into the good stuff (exercises, shooting, map reading(!) etc.) and he will soon realise that after a hard day, it's actually quite nice just putting in some music, cracking open a goffer can and getting on with some admin! It's as near to downtime as he'll get for a while!

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
........and he will soon realise that after a hard day, it's actually quite nice just putting in some music, cracking open a goffer can and getting on with some admin!
:amazed: :eek: :wondering: :uglyhammer:

Really??

Good one, hehe!

Chelonian

Reaction score
Have you got a picture?
I can post up a 30-year-old picture of me ironing KF shirts if you are looking for images depicting personal admin tips.

Obviously the pictures are a bit vintage but the creases are razor sharp.