RT Final Brief

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hi i am just curious about the final brief what happens in it? is it just like the PRMC one? were you go in they give you your tickets have a quick chat and thats it? or is there alot more two it

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
ok also im remember reading some where on this site that we get sized up for all our kit and every thing dose that happen on our first day down at RT?

carrington123

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
no you get given a sheet (i got mine with the RT brief confirmation letter).... the sheet tells you where and how to measure what you need to measure

henrol

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey Gary,

We're going to be in the same troop. I had mine a couple of weeks ago, I just got given my joining instructions, so where to go, what to bring, how to be dressed, train ticket issued etc... And we squared away all out standing paper work. I got a free RM Commando pen and thermos mug, *text deleted*.

It's a good chance for you to ask any last min questions you have.

If you as lucky as I was, you may even be asked to give a talk to some lads just before their prmc brief.

As for sizing up each afco is different, so don't be worried if you haven't seen your form yet. I got mine in the post with my provisional date straight after my prmc. It's always a good idea to call your afco though if your unsure as to whether or not you should have recieved that form ready.

Any questions mate just PM me!

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
thanks henrol i gave my afco a call and booked my brief for the 12th so hopefully i can get all my questions answered there, i was getting kinda worried they had forgotten me or my confirmation letter about joining troop 101 had got messed up with the whole royal mail strike in London with millions of undelivered letters as alot of people in our troop had already had a date for there brief or had it.

mike webb

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
whats the dress code for the final brief? shirt and tie, or jeans and t-shirt?

mike